PDA

View Full Version : help please with payment by voucher

ajs
12-03-2008, 05:23 PM
hi
i know that a number of us get paid by voucher, how do you get round the 4/5 week month.
i discovered i have been underpaid by over £200 for 5 months that were not standard months
mum is trying to work a way round this and i wondered what most of you do

Noodles
12-03-2008, 05:26 PM
hi there i get paid by vouchers but they pay me on a weekly basis. I do know someone who does it monthly and the parent pays the outstanding amount at the end of the month by either cash or cheque :)

crazybones
12-03-2008, 05:27 PM
I get paid by vouchers but mum gets paid every 4 weeks so I have not had this problem. Maybe they could pay the extra in cash on those months?

Annie x

ajs
12-03-2008, 05:28 PM
weekly is a good idea i'll put that to mum. i know she's not keen to top up the money herself as hse doesn't get tax relief on it, but i'll suggest that too thanks

miffy
12-03-2008, 05:46 PM
I do the same as little cherubs

I think there is a maximum amount parent can transfer to pay childcare costs so it's worth checking your charges don't exceed this

Miffy xx

Trouble
12-03-2008, 06:23 PM
i give my parents the 1st to 30th day bill
and if the cost is above the voucher i ask for the rest in cash or if its under i give them the difference

does this help?

sarah707
12-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Parents make up by cheque - I bill them every month and keep a running total if it goes over... :D

Lou
12-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Yes i get paid by accor vouchers by one parent, she pays in advance for the month ahead so i invoice for that month however long it is she can only have a max of £243 in vouchers so pays the rest by cash to make up the difference.

Heaven Scent
12-03-2008, 09:43 PM
I charge by the week and parents pay monthly so I bill them for the number of weeks in the month plus the number of odd days. I divide the weekly fee by the 5. I charge in advance of course. They are two full time children from the same family and I get vouchers from two companies and they pay me the balance directly into the bank.

I have another family with two children PT starting after Easter and things will be different for them because 1 childs hours will be the same most weeks but the other will change with the school hols also mum does some extra days some weeks so they will pay me a set amount each week in advance and the balance at the end of the week mum gets a large proportion of her salary in vouchers (over and above the tax incentive figure) so all of my payments will be in voucherws.

Does that make sense?

Thats all folks!!!!!!!!

Celine

angeldelight
12-03-2008, 10:12 PM
I also get paid weekly

hope you get it sorted Mandy - is mom being ok about this ?

Angel xx