PDA

View Full Version : First Aid!

Lady Haha
05-02-2010, 10:38 AM
I just thought I'd share a little activity I did last night after school with my mindees. We are doing First Aid as our theme this month and I printed off a First Aid colouring book (google that and you will find it). Before the mindees got here, I had drawn various injuries on stickers and hidden them under the books at the table. When we got back I told them all to just take a seat and once they were all sitting down, I told them to look under their books. They all had to put the sticker on and that was their injury. We all had to look through our books and find out how we could treat each others injuries.

My word!! It was sooooooo much fun!!!!! We had one with a grazed knee, one with a nose bleed, one had been poisoned, one had drowned, one had burned their finger, one had had a tooth knocked out and one had been electrocuted!

The mindees all chose some one they wanted to help them and everyone got to make some one else better. Because it was so hands on, the kids loved it! We had one helping another put his finger under the running tap, others learned to listen for breathing and how to take a pulse. I got some fantastic photos!!

Only downside was the one helping the mindee who had been electrocuted, got herself electrocuted too in trying to help!:laughing: But she knows to unplug the robot now!!!:laughing:

And I had been shopping in Wilkinsons earlier in the day and found these little first aid kits for a pound each! Inside there was plasters, bandage, wipes and lint. There was also a pin, but I took those out!!

Hope this helps some one! We had such fun, I'm still smiling!

Carol
06-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Sounds fun, will have to try it too with my mindees

(what age group did you have?)

Carol xx

sarah707
06-02-2010, 10:02 PM
That sounds like great fun for half term! :D

Fabby
08-03-2010, 07:06 PM
i will be baring this activity in mind its great !

miffy
08-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Great idea! I can see the older ones loving this! :D

Miffy xx

babs
08-03-2010, 10:29 PM
sounds like u had a great time ... can i come and play next time too...

linda2girls
09-03-2010, 09:22 PM
That sounds great. How old are your mindees - are they school age?

Linda.

Leanne59
09-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Sounds great fun, thanks for sharing,