PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth my while?

mumof1
05-02-2010, 09:05 AM
A lady contacted me about minding her 16 month dd on monday mornings, its only working out at about 4/5 hours.

Im only newly registered and currently have know mindees, tho i do work as a nanny on tues, wed and thurs, so i do have mondays free anyway!

Do you think this is worth my while?

Ive been advertising like mad for full time and part time mindees, so hopfully i get more interest soon.

The lady is calling this morning anyway with the baby,

Wat u think i should do?

PixiePetal
05-02-2010, 09:32 AM
I do a minimum of 5 hours a day - then it is worth my while.

How many are you registered for? Do you still have other places that you could fill with more full time mindees?

This could lead to more and get you known about town so to speak.

Kes
05-02-2010, 09:44 AM
You could go with the minimum hours charge. I have a few children that only do a few hours at a time but luckily most of them have fitted around each other. I think it depends on how many your registered for if you've only got space for one then might not be worth it but if you have a couple of spaces it might not be so much of a problem. I have 1 full timer then my other space is used for the children doing part time hours.

mumof1
05-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Im registered to mind 3 under 5's and 2 over 5's.

I never though about doing a miniuim (sorry cant spell it) of 5 hours, thats something i might put in place.

I will c wat happens whens she comes.

Thanks ladies xx

Zoomie
05-02-2010, 10:32 AM
i've put a min of 10 hours / week into my policies.

i had a baby (9m) for 5 hours and it wasn't enough to settle / routine him.

mummyof3
05-02-2010, 10:53 AM
You could always try it and see how it goes you have a settling in period. I agree sometimes its a good way to get your name out there as a minder and I have also found people are more likely to place their children with you if you have others as well.

I have a mindee once a week for only 2hrs (3yr old) nursery pick up. Other minders would not even consider him as he takes an under 8s space. This suited me and he is a little angel.