PDA

View Full Version : just had a call

Delly
12-03-2008, 04:19 PM
a lady wanting me to look after her child for 3 days, tuesday wed and thurs next week. Apparently they are stuck for childcare.
she asked how much I charge and said i'd been recommend by someone, can't remember the name now.

is this normal? how would i go about it with contracts etc?

Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

Tatia
12-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Is it just for those three days and not every week? I use NCMA paperwork and would fill out one of the short-term contracts if you decide to take them on.

Delly
12-03-2008, 06:10 PM
its just for next week, tuesday and thursday only, she has just called me back, its all a bit strange, she says i've been rec. by someone i don't know and have never heard of.

She was just going to turn up on tues with him, without any paperwork..
I said we need to sort contracts out etc to cover time, she wasn't fased just said ok call me back and we can meet up.

I find it hard to believe that some people could just leave their kids without checking me out ?

miffy
12-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Amazing - do all your paperwork and ask for payment in cash up front preferably when she signs the contract

Miffy xx

sarah707
12-03-2008, 06:20 PM
I would get cash up front as well on a short term contract.. could be for any number of reasons, but yes, I've done it for people before if I can fit them in... hope the interview goes well!:D

Kelly
12-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I do emergency care occasionally, sometimes it is someone who's childminder cannnot have the child for some reason, last year a childminder in our area was having some building work done, Ofsted came out and closed her down on the spot saying in was too dangerous for the children to be there, the following morning I had one of her children. I briefly met the mum the night before and cared for the LB until she was allowed to have the children again. It's not that odd, but make sure you get all paperwork and payments sorted.

You're right some parents aren't that bothered whos got their children as long as their registered and they can go to work!

Good luck hope it all goes OK

Kelly

Rubybubbles
12-03-2008, 08:43 PM
it happens!

You'll be surprise how quickly a good name goes round:D enjoy

angeldelight
12-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Thats good news

Good advice from everyone

Hope it goes ok

Angel xx

Delly
12-03-2008, 10:33 PM
thanks for all your advice, the only thing is my contract pack from NCMA hasn't arrived yet, so I haven't got a copy of a short term contract.

is it similar to the usual one?

I have a copy of a full one, so proabably could use that ?

Tatia
13-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Short term contract are...shorter.:laughing: I could e-mail you a copy if you PM me with your address. You won't have carbon copies, though. Unless you know of a childminder you could borrow one from? Short-term contracts don't come with the start-up kit, I don't think. You have to order those separately.

Delly
13-03-2008, 12:14 PM
:D cheers i have pm'd you

Delly
18-03-2008, 12:29 PM
well the temporary LO arrived this morning and he's wonderful, a real little happy baby. this morning has been fab I've really enjoyed it as has my own son, so really glad i've decided to do this job :D :D :D

after yesterday's experience with my other mindee (who cries constantly) its heaven... :D

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
18-03-2008, 12:31 PM
So glad it has worked out for you.

Good luck.

Lorraine xx

Banana
18-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Glad that its all gone well!!

xx

Rubybubbles
18-03-2008, 01:05 PM
glad it's gone well:clapping:

Tatia
18-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Well, ya never know what could pan out from it. Glad it's gone so well!