PDA

View Full Version : Clean up kits

sarah707
04-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Does anyone use these for cleaning up sick or other waste?

I have been wondering if I should get one for a while - they have disposable apron and gloves, gel stuff that makes the waste go hard, spray, plastic bag, scooper etc.

Do you think they are worth it or should I just put something together myself?

If you have one, where did you get it from please?

:D

Blackhorse
04-02-2010, 09:20 PM
that sounds great

I had a kid vomit all over me and my hall last friday and I will I would have had such a kit then!!

miss mopple
04-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Not heard of them

Ive been lucky enough never to have a vomiting child in 7 years of minding :D

Blaze
04-02-2010, 09:51 PM
I've been eying up this one:

http://www.medikit.co.uk/page.asp?cID=73

Can't decide if it's OTT or not (I looked at making up my own version - but it worked out costing about the same & wouldn't look as fancy)!:blush:

sarah707
04-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Hmmm I was looking at this one... it has 5 packs :D

http://www.firstaidwarehouse.co.uk/xpp-biohazard_removal_kit_5_application.html

Blaze
04-02-2010, 10:06 PM
LOL Your one is better than mine:laughing: - the 5 pack version of mine costs over £40!:eek:

Twinkles
04-02-2010, 10:16 PM
oooo this does appeal to me in my control freaky way :D I like to have 'sets' of things so I feel organised :blush:

sfox2003
04-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Hee hee - I was talking to my daughters headteacher about this. Especially after my experiences this week with my first mindee having a sickness & diareah bug.

At my DD school they call this 'the vom box'

Think I may get something similar - or invest in a bottle of that dettol stuff. Its about £6.00 but it claims that you can spray in on anything & it will kill virtually all bacteria & virus's.

ajs
04-02-2010, 11:21 PM
oooo this does appeal to me in my control freaky way :D I like to have 'sets' of things so I feel organised :blush:

me too it's the VIRGO in us lol

i don't have one but think they look quite good value and can't imagine making/ putting it together it any cheaper than that

miffy
05-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Hmmm I was looking at this one... it has 5 packs :D

http://www.firstaidwarehouse.co.uk/xpp-biohazard_removal_kit_5_application.html

I think that looks good - clearing up sick is an expensive business though!!!

Miffy xx

Mollymop
05-02-2010, 08:13 AM
I think I saw clean up kits in NCMA catalogue, I wondered whether to buy one or not.

christine e
05-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Look good to me. Scrolled further down the page and found this one which includes face masks and a bit cheaper

http://www.firstaidwarehouse.co.uk/xpp-biohazard_5_multi_application_kit.html

Cx

Heaven Scent
05-02-2010, 08:49 AM
We were looking at these on our first aid course the week before last - I personally would buy 1 bottle each of the the two different gels I cant put my hand on the info just at this moment but as far as I know1 is for blood and 1 is for Urine&vomit - I think thats how they are divided. It is far better value to buy the gel/granules seperatly. i would then get a plastic container and put the rest of the stuff in there - and I'm sure you would have a far more usable resource for your cleaning/hygiene stock. Carrier bags are free from tescos and you can put as many as you wish in there - Senate sell the tubs of granules - take a look on their website and see if they are featured - I did take a look on the web when I got back and think they were rather competitive. - I'm sorry I'm a bit vague - but not much time and can't think.

CAZMCA
05-02-2010, 09:08 AM

me too and i'm a virgo aswell :laughing:

TheBTeam
05-02-2010, 05:41 PM
My control freaky nature has got one of these:laughing: :laughing:

Heaven Scent
05-02-2010, 07:22 PM

Yeah but in my sever control freaky way I have to be in control of it and nothing pre made will be good enough - not enough of everything - especially if there is a bigger bottle of those crystals out there you see they are central to the thing thats where all the sanitizing and disinfecting comes from & I bet there will only be 1 set of gloves - and I'd need about 6 per clean up which I have to take off in a certain manner so there is no way any of my skin could touch the outside of either glove not even the bit up around my wrist - ugh I can feel myself heave at the thought of it. - yet I have to say I can change most nappies without gloves on - but I don't have to touch anything and I can do it in seconds except when it is a badun gloves go on then alright!!! But for stuff that has spread on my flooring no matter which room even loo floor especially when it hasn't come out of the body of any of my immediate family has to be treated as hazardous stuff but I think the face mask is a step too far as we cannot do any harm to ourselves by inhaling it and it will most likely only serve to scare not only an already distressed child but any others we are caring for at the same time - and it will do nothing to help eliminate the odour.

Spangles
05-02-2010, 07:28 PM
It's not my control freakiness side that this appeals to - it's my anti-germ side! Ha! Oh, and anti-sick smell! Oooh! My son was sick yesterday morning and the memories are flooding back thick and fast! Ewwww.

Lady Haha
05-02-2010, 07:45 PM
My 'wants a set of everything' nature is taking over here as well!:blush:

Hats
05-02-2010, 07:49 PM
These look fab to me.... I'm def getting a pack. Control freak and phobia of being sick (no joke!!!:blush: )this is a must for me!!

H
xx