PDA

View Full Version : Should I still be paid?

grindal
04-02-2010, 05:55 PM
My mindee has been off ill all week - every morning I get a text about half an hour after drop off time saying he is still not well. Today I spoke to mum who said he was sick yesterday, but wanted to drop in for coffee this pm (she is a friend). I asked what time he was sick and it was evening. I said I did not want her to visit this pm and that I had a 48hr exclusion after diarrhoea and vomitting so could not have him on Friday. Just wondering if I should still get paid if I have said I will not have him?

Curly Quavers
04-02-2010, 06:09 PM
what does it say in your contracts but I would say YES I would still charge, It is in your policies then she should know this already.

tulip0803
04-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Depends what is in your policies & contract.

I charge for children's days off sick in full - this will include the 48 hours after S&D as that is what is recommended by the HPA and is in my illness policy.

If he had been sick within 48 hours I would refuse to hve him & still charge.

grindal
04-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Yes - 48 hr exclusion is in my sick children policy and fees are due when mindees are ill. It is just because I have said I will not have him - but I suppose I am only not having him because he is ill.

Goatgirl
04-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Hi Grindal,
its whatever you agreed to when you signed contracts and assuming she has read all your policies... So if it says no charge when you're off sick but full fees when mindee is off, then you charge the same.

Don't feel bad about it: if you were off you would have to go without fees for that time.

bws,
Wendy