PDA

View Full Version : Working with nurseries

cher25
04-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Just been approached by mindee's teacher, to ask me if i knew there was a childminder drop in at the school and that they are very keen to work with childminder's. They have forms to be filled in to allow childminder's to look at their mindee's folders and that.

Well im really shy about going to drop in's and still havent got round to it yet. :blush:
But last year when i looked after another little boy in the same nursery the teacher fobbed me off when i approached her for working in partnership and didn't appear to me that she knew that was part of the eyfs.

Think they need to make their mind's up. Glad she approached me first though as i kept forgetting about writing to them and had mindee since end of sept. :blush: But at least they are doing the right thing. :thumbsup:

loocyloo
04-02-2010, 05:46 PM
thats really good of the nursery.

i have children i mind at 2 local preschools, and other minders have children at the other 4 or 5 preschools that are used by local families ... NOT ONE of them has made any effort to work with childminders! most of them look bemused when given a 'sharing information' form!

well, actually, the one DD/DS went to, and now a mindee attends, does work with me, but think that is probably more to do with the fact i used to work there (and my nanny charges all went there!), and as i don't actually do any drop offs/pickups, i chat to his keyworker by email! we were only saying last week how good our communication was, and patting ourselves on the back! ;) (but again, i've known her 11 yrs!)