PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for outdoor space?

Mcgons
04-02-2010, 02:40 PM
We only moved into our house last summer and garden needs sorting out so got a pretty blank canvas to do something with it and looking for some inspiration to make it interesting and a great play space for the kids.

Anyone know of any websites that might help? We've put in a play area and soon will put playhouse up. Going to do flower/veg patch too, but then I don't know what else.

Sorry meant to add I'm looking for ways of doing up the garden, not activities to do out there if you see what I mean? Like secret paths or fairy garden or something, think I need to see pictures of things but can't find any!

Goatgirl
04-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Hi :),
If I was designing my garden space I'd start with what I want to do in it... so: maybe a covered area for year round seating? A wild bit to encourage wildlife? An area of 'meadow' instead of lawn? A pathway through a 'senses area: choose plants that can be touched, which smell strongly, that 'rustle' or make other noises... that you can eat: some herbs between the plants ..
Lots of greenery you can use at christmas etc, and types of flowers which are good for cutting, to bring some of the outside in...
I'm jealous quite frankly. I have a tiny north facing garden all uneven and completely unuseable in the winter as its slimey and slippery and the lawn turns to a bog :(. Still, its nearly spring, we should get a patch of sun in the far corner in a couple of months and I'll be out there on a chair with a cuppa and a piece of cake the minute we do :rolleyes:.

have fun with it....

Have you tried google image 'ing' garden ideas or fairy garden?

bws,
Wendy

singingcactus
04-02-2010, 07:39 PM
http://www.ltl.org.uk/ is a site that might give you a vision
and http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/1D22B2BE-53F0-4F88-B748-6F4DF985E138/0/CYP060265.pdf is a fantastic PDF that may inspire your imaginative side.

Mcgons
04-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the ideas and the links -like the idea of a senses area with a path running through and the link from South Glos council looks good.

Lots of thinking and planning to be done:)