PDA

View Full Version : DO I STILL CHARGE SAME FEES

jus
12-03-2008, 02:05 PM
:) Hi Guy's, I have two little ones from same family so they get discount the oldest child Is charge £75 + 12.50 meals I have him from 8.30am til 12.30pm then 3pm till 5.30pm when driving lessons til 6.30pm , £100 aweek is for youngest + 12.50 for meals, extras are added to this. The oldest child will be starting full time in sept, should I just charge the same I'll be taking him to school and picking him up as mum works full time 9am til 5.30pm and 6.30pm when driving lessons. plus every three weeks she does early week and then I have them from 7.30am til 3.30pm Mon, Wed, Tue & Thurs til 5pm and Friday 3pm. I'll be having him when they have inset day's and holidays at school, plus I am down as emergency contact if child is ill.

Hope this makes sense :panic:

does anyone have 2 children from same family and is one full time at school what do you charge.
Thanks jus

avril
12-03-2008, 02:08 PM
I use to have a family of 3 2 of which were in full time school and 1 at nursery and I just charged the same hourly rate for all 3. The family didn't quibble about it
Personal choice what you charge and as long as it is in your contract that the parents agree to sign nothing can be said.

Avril x:)

Twinkles
12-03-2008, 02:10 PM
I do have two from the same family. It is not usually acceptable to charge for a school age child when they are at school. You would usually just charge for the hours you have them. You may want to set a minimum charge and/or charge for picking him up ( I have a minimum charge but I know others will charge an hours extra fee for collecting from school )

avril
12-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Oh yes I didn't mean I charged when the children were at school only the hours I had them in my care.(incase my post read a bit wrong)

Twinkles
12-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Oh yes I didn't mean I charged when the children were at school only the hours I had them in my care.(incase my post read a bit wrong)

Probably just me reading it wrong :blush:
I have read about sixty posts this lunchtime :rolleyes:

avril
12-03-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm full of cold so my mind is all fuzzy at moment, could be me reading it wrong!!:laughing:

Avril x

tulip0803
12-03-2008, 05:41 PM
I offered a discount for older siblings, but stated in the contract that the discount only applied if both children were minded together. If the older one came alone I would charge my standard rate. This happened when LO went to stay with grandma but I still had older one so full rate applied.

Discounts are your own personal choice. Here the local childminders do not offer a discount so I don't think I will when I start.

miffy
12-03-2008, 05:55 PM
I don't do discounts but would say once the older child is at school and you are only charging for the hours he is with you before and after school then the younger child should pay the higher rate

If you have them both in school holidays then you could offer a discount if you wanted

Miffy xx

jus
12-03-2008, 07:51 PM
I don't do discounts but would say once the older child is at school and you are only charging for the hours he is with you before and after school then the younger child should pay the higher rate

If you have them both in school holidays then you could offer a discount if you wanted

Miffy xx

Hi Miffy, I charge £100 for the yongest child was going to review this in January when I review contract but I think I should change it in April as I have the child 47hrs a week. Also if I charge the hourly rate for the hours I have the older child it'll work out at £13.00 with 2 meals, I'll not be charging for hours he's at school but what happens when he's ill and needs to be picked p from school and they ring me as the parent as put me down for emergency contact. jus

Noodles
12-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Depends what is in your contract i personally dont care for sick children so my name can not be down as an emergency contact for when the child is ill at school

jus
12-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Depends what is in your contract i personally dont care for sick children so my name can not be down as an emergency contact for when the child is ill at school

Stated in contract that I don't care for sick children but mum will expect me to collect from school as I have the younger child in my care, I'm on emergency contact form at moment with him being in nursery in afternoon, mother as a bus ride one grandparent lives half a mile away and the other don't think mum has anything much to do with her, but waiting for June father will be back on scene, lifes better on the outside if you get my drift, should I be doing new contract for new hours for september. jus