PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in the house

Mel09
04-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi Everyone, as the title of my thread says I feel like I am stuck in the house most of the day and am going stir crazy ! My youngest mindee has 2 naps a day and my own has one long one, so by the time we have lunch etc.... we have maybe an hour to hour and a half then back for an afternoon nap and then collect kids from school. The hour slot we have is just after lunch and doesn't tie in with any toddler groups and the weather is rubbish so can't get to the park. I know it will get better as the youngest naps less but it is soooooo frustrating. Not really after any advice just needed to chat !! :) Thanks x

cuffleygirl
04-02-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm finding this too at the moment made worse by gloomy weather - whenever we do get out its not for long 'cos no matter how well you wrap them they get cold or park equipment remains damp cos of cold - roll on summer!

huggableshelly
04-02-2010, 10:53 AM
cant be easy but could you potter about in the garden maybe? do some weeding or prepare a planting area for grown plants and veggies, i know its still a housebound duty but might just help you to get some fresh air out of your four walls (take baby monitor with you)

maybe have a friend round during sleep times so you gain the adult company too

youarewhatyoueat
04-02-2010, 10:59 AM
I've had 3 under 2's for the last year and find it ok to get out every morning, they nap in the car and I can put them in the buggy still asleep and wheel them into the toddler groups, its never been a problem.
I stopped using travel cots and use the buggy it gives me so much more flexibility if the children are tired at different times.
The biggy for me was getting the children into a similar routine that everyone is happy with, this means getting out every morning, now they are older they sometimes have a short nap on the way to toddlers, then home for lunch then they all sleep before the school run.
As yours get older i'm sure you should be able to get the longer sleep in the afternoon it will make the day go quicker, I too go mad if I have to stay in the house, and I find it rubs off on the children and they get a bit stir crazy too.
I also bought all weather gear so at least we can go to the park and have a walk through the woods evn though they are still only toddling they manage it well.
For your own sanity get out!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Alibali
04-02-2010, 05:15 PM
When I have lo's that sleep in the morning I just take a lie flat buggy with me and they can nap while we are out and the others can play happily, I'd go stir crazy stuck in all day.

wendywu
04-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Sorry but they fit in with my routine, Todlers in the morning then lunch and nap.

It does not take them long at adjust. :D