PDA

View Full Version : What a day

Gizmo
03-02-2010, 08:03 PM
The lo I mind has just turned one and has just taken to his feet, dont know how many times he fell today crusing round the couch and keeping going when he got to the end. He ended up with a bruise on his head dont think mum was too happy.
I also got new bunk beds delivered for the kids I moved the mattresses into my bedroom but couldnt move the box, dh came home from work and I asked him to move it as it was a risk where it was and one of the los I have on a Thursday would fall over it, dh moved it when I was in the bath I walked into bedroom and stubbed my toe :blush:

Lou
03-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Dont worry about it, its too be expected if he has just started crusing!!!

Ouch to the toe, did you say "oh bother!!"

Gizmo
03-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Ouch to the toe, did you say "oh bother!!"

Oh drat!! I think I said and what did you put that box there for, cos you told me to darling came the reply :laughing:

sarah707
03-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Your poor toe! :(

I have 2 babies, different days and they have both recently started walking.

They are both falling over on average 20 times a day... I start an accident sheet when they arrive and just keep adding to it! :laughing:

One went home with a nasty bump the other but mum is very ok about it - if it doesn't happen here it happens at home...

They are both climbing now :panic: My mantra of the moment is 'feet on floor please' :D

LeanneC
03-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Ooooh ouch :(

Don't worry about the wobbly child, I have one has been walking since 10mths he is now 1yrs and still falls over, especially when he has his shoes on :eek: I dread it, there is always something, we where at the childrens centre one week just before Christmas and he was outside playing with a ball..bent down to pick it up and carried on :eek: nutted the floor and scraped and bruised his forehead. He has fallen in my house in the kitchen but not in the middle of the kitchen but stumbled forwards right on the corner of the playroom door so had a lovely cut on his cheek, now a great scar. Mum sometimes looks a bit bothered but to be honest she admits he is like it at home. When he gets cross and cries he throws himself on the floor and his head butts the floor. :mad: Forever filling in accident forms for him.

ORKSIE
03-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Hope your toes ok now:)
As for them little cruisers..well they do have bumps, its to be expected, so dont beat ya self up about them. xx

Gizmo
03-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Think I just felt rotten about the los bump cos its the first one, and trust him to have it with me but as my dh said he is here more than with parents so it was bound to happen :(

ORKSIE
03-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Think I just felt rotten about the los bump cos its the first one, and trust him to have it with me but as my dh said he is here more than with parents so it was bound to happen :(

Yeah, I know you do feel rotten.
and it seems the Odds are stacked against you:D

Blaze
03-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Your poor toe! :(

I have 2 babies, different days and they have both recently started walking.

They are both falling over on average 20 times a day... I start an accident sheet when they arrive and just keep adding to it! :laughing:

One went home with a nasty bump the other but mum is very ok about it - if it doesn't happen here it happens at home...

They are both climbing now :panic: My mantra of the moment is 'feet on floor please' :D

LOL - This is my mantra with grace at the moment!:) :D

solly
03-02-2010, 09:24 PM
These things happen especially when they are learning most of my accident book is for bumps to the head when littleones are starting to walk.
Hope your toe is ok, my DH did the same last friday with his old metal tool box, we had our new tv put on the wall and i was putting the big boxes in the garage, my dh shouted "dont lock the garage there are other bits to go in i walked back to the back door and stepped up the step and trip over his metal tool box and have now got a lovely bruised shin his reply was

"If you look down you wont fall down" luckily the mindees were in bed luckily so they didnt hear the words that came out of my mouth

miffy
03-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Hope your toe's not too sore.

I have a (just) 9 month old who's cruising round the furniture atm - just loves the swivel chair despite the fact that it knocks him off his feet every time he touches it! :rolleyes:

Miffy xx