PDA

View Full Version : Limits??

Hebs
03-02-2010, 06:03 PM
is there a spending limit when it comes to planning trips???

Chatterbox Childcare
03-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Not that I know of.

sweets
03-02-2010, 06:13 PM
why hebs?

are you planning on taking your mindees to egypt for an educational trip then claiming it on expenses:laughing: :laughing:

littletreasures
Where are you thinking of taking the mindees - Disneyland Paris????

Hebs
why hebs?

are you planning on taking your mindees to egypt for an educational trip then claiming it on expenses:laughing: :laughing:

possibly :laughing:

miffy
03-02-2010, 06:15 PM
why hebs?

:laughing: :laughing:

Come on, spill - what are you up to? :)

Miffy xx

sweets
03-02-2010, 06:17 PM
mmm think i might take mine to australia for a trip, ive one child at the moment that loves kangaroos so i could justify it by saying i was following up a childs individual interests!

think i will put it in my planning:laughing:

ajs
03-02-2010, 06:17 PM
i am sure if you can supply receipts that show that it could be an outing the minded children could enjoy then there can't be an upper limit.
i wouldn't have though

after all i was going to take my mindees on a trip that would have cost me around £200 and that would have gone through had i been able to afford it in the first place

Hebs
03-02-2010, 06:29 PM
:laughing: :laughing:

Come on, spill - what are you up to? :)

Miffy xx

my older mindee B is the same age as Mark, and wants to come to Egypt with us, mum and dad have agreed if i am happy to do it.

was wondering if i could claim the cost of her ticket :blush:

miffy
03-02-2010, 06:30 PM
So Sweets was right! :D

I'm not sure you could claim for that - couldn't the parents pay for the ticket?

Miffy xx

Hebs
03-02-2010, 06:33 PM
So Sweets was right! :D

I'm not sure you could claim for that - couldn't the parents pay for the ticket?

Miffy xx

why not? as it is a mindee and it's educational, would only be around £300

miffy
03-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Because it's a holiday - just my opinion Hebs - check it out with the taxman

Miffy xx

Hebs
03-02-2010, 06:35 PM
i cant find out what number to ring

Mrs Book
03-02-2010, 06:38 PM
How fab for mindee to be able to go to egypt. But like someone else said surely the parents would pay.

Hub has just gone out, so will ask him about claiming when he comes back. He must be the only accountant who will do others books and not mine!!!!

Hebs
03-02-2010, 06:41 PM
parents couldn't afford it, as they have 3 other children (one who lives with her mum and they pay child support) if they could i'm sure they would,

It would be a fantastic educational visit for her as i would take her to Cairo to visit the pyramids etc

FizzysFriends
03-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Im not sure because you wouldn't be doing it as their minder would you, presumably it would be as a friend. Just thinking that insurance and ofsted (working from unregistered premises).

Hebs
03-02-2010, 06:49 PM
when i took mindee K to the caravan i claimed for the cost of it as i did have it ok'd by ofsted to take her.

Alibali
03-02-2010, 08:59 PM
I suppose if you had it ok'd by ofsted and you were covered by your insurance and it would be minding you could claim the lot!

Joannechildmind
03-02-2010, 09:44 PM
my older mindee B is the same age as Mark, and wants to come to Egypt with us, mum and dad have agreed if i am happy to do it.

was wondering if i could claim the cost of her ticket :blush:

I wish you was my minder hebs:blush:

TheBTeam
03-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Sorry cant imagine anything worse than taking mindees on holiday with me, had a minor panic when one said they were trying to book the same place at the same time with her mum, luckily for us they were fully booked!:blush:

LOOPYLISA
03-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Sorry cant imagine anything worse than taking mindees on holiday with me, had a minor panic when one said they were trying to book the same place at the same time with her mum, luckily for us they were fully booked!:blush:

Me neither :panic: , if i were a cm :D

Blackhorse
03-02-2010, 09:53 PM
I would imagine you could only claim if you are being paid by the parents to childmind him while on holidays...as otherwise you wouldnt be classed as working and wouldnt be having claimable expenses?? but this is just what I think...

I would ring Ofsted, Insurance and tax man to be sure....
especially on the insurance side as I am not sure how they would cover you if abroad....and LO would need additional travel insurance etc etc....
so if they let you claim for flights you should also claim for these things...

The Juggler
03-02-2010, 09:59 PM
when i took mindee K to the caravan i claimed for the cost of it as i did have it ok'd by ofsted to take her.

like nicole, i would have thought you could only claim it as business expense if parents were paying you to have her. would they be paying you for the period you are on holiday? tell you what Hebs, wouldn't mind you as my CM!!!!:laughing: :laughing: fancy taking my two with you as well.

Hebs
03-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Yes they would be paying me while I'm away as I have paid holidays x

Lady Haha
03-02-2010, 10:16 PM
OOOh!!! My son has just started asking me if we can go to Egypt.....can you take him as well????? :laughing:

The Juggler
03-02-2010, 10:34 PM

then i would have thought as long as the big O clear the insurance side (and MM or NCMA confirm it too) that you'd be fine. don't forget to claim food expenses and trips for her whilst you're there.

Blackhorse
04-02-2010, 07:22 AM

sorry..dont want to sound negative i think it is a great idea...but the way I was thinking paid holiays aren't the same as paid working hours....they pay you for your holidays...and i didnt think you could have expenses while on holiday unless you purchase something that you will use for when you are back working....

i am confused thinking about this scenario....but i would be interested what replies you get from the authorities....

I think the LO will be soo happy to get this chance to see egypt!

Hebs
04-02-2010, 07:25 AM
But if I take her then I would be working lol

Confusing isn't it!

Blackhorse
04-02-2010, 07:30 AM
But if I take her then I would be working lol

Confusing isn't it!

well that's where I dont think it is ''work''...you agree to take a child with you on Holidays......to me that is slightly different to be honest...but it doesnt matter what I think about it anyways...what it will come down to is what your insurance and O say about it...
I really hope for you thought that they will be happy with it and you can take LO!!!
I still think it is fab ....and I dont think I would be tempted to take a minee on holidays any time soon!! I am glad when they go home at night! :laughing:

Hebs
04-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Will email ofsted later so I have a written response lol

Hebs
04-02-2010, 09:00 AM
have sent an email to ofsted, will let you know what they say :thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
04-02-2010, 10:40 AM
well that's where I dont think it is ''work''...you agree to take a child with you on Holidays......to me that is slightly different to be honest...

I agree with this! You are chosing to take the child, you have not been asked to take the child aa it is your holiday!! Therefore how could you claim:panic: really think this is wrong!

Okay to claim for day trips out which can cost loads, but I wouldn't claim for this, I think it is taking the :censored: if I am honest:D

Hebs
04-02-2010, 10:42 AM
I agree with this! You are chosing to take the child, you have not been asked to take the child aa it is your holiday!! Therefore how could you claim:panic: really think this is wrong!

Okay to claim for day trips out which can cost loads, but I wouldn't claim for this, I think it is taking the :censored: if I am honest:D

thats ok, i can see where your coming from,
still waiting for a reply from Ofsted

Lady Haha
04-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Just to put the cat in amonst the pigeons a bit more......:p

But if you are working and because of that all the big people say yes, go ahead and claim, you could also claim for your own ticket and meals:D

I really hope they say yes!

Hebs
04-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Just to put the cat in amonst the pigeons a bit more......:p

But if you are working and because of that all the big people say yes, go ahead and claim, you could also claim for your own ticket and meals:D

I really hope they say yes!

:laughing:

i think that would be pushing it

Pudding Girl
04-02-2010, 01:19 PM

I agree. You aren't working, it's pleasure.

Hebs
05-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Ofsted says its fine, get written permission from parents stating what we will be doing dates and times of flights etc!!

Spangles
05-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Wow! That does surprise me. Wouldn't have thought that would be agreed to.

Do you have to be registered as an overnight childminder then?

Hebs
05-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Its cos she is over 8!

Spangles
05-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Oh I see now.

loocyloo
05-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Ofsted says its fine, get written permission from parents stating what we will be doing dates and times of flights etc!!

wow indeed! thats amazing!

hmmm ... now where do i fancy going, and taking a mindee or 2 with me? !!!

DS & mindee are doing egypt at school ... i was going to go to the british museum, maybe we'll go to egypt ;)

have a super time! i think its wonderful of you.

xxx

Lady Haha
05-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Hebs, have you been in touch with Inland Revenue yet? I'm genuinely interested in this!! I have over 8's and was thinking of taking one on holiday with me too, but only in UK! Would be great if I could claim for their meals etc! Obviously, I would be working...:)