PDA

View Full Version : any advice please

littlestar
03-02-2010, 02:06 PM
hello was wondering what everyone does and if they have anything diff could you share at minuite i do a daily communication book with each child what they have been doing when they napped what they ate for luch and what kind of day they had in general i also do my eyfs obbs for each with a seperate folder there is one thing niggling me are we supposed to do a daily diary for ourselfs? it just seems alot to do is this what ofsted expsect if anyone nos could you share any any other things i am lacking in i just feel like im swamped but dont have the right paperwork
i also do
daily/monthy/annually risk ass
register daily
any ideas

Pipsqueak
03-02-2010, 02:14 PM
I do keep a journal but only use it for significant things like: J has dry skin/rash on his face that mum pointed out today
I also keep a separate log for a child that has a CP order.

but no there is no directive saying we have to

Elena
03-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Hey there,

You dont have too, I asked the inspector yesterday when she was here and she said childminders do not really have to keep any written records however its hard to get a good/outstanding with out evidence. Daily diaries for us childminders is not necessary neither are general planning as you need to plan in accordance to the childs interests.

Basically - nice to have but not essential

Hope that helps a lil :) x

littlestar
03-02-2010, 02:18 PM
thank you just wondering if parent loses daily book i will have nothing to show ofsted that we communicate but i have parent feedback forms i do every 6 months and it cleasrly states in one box do you like the communication book i provide and each have said yes its great :clapping:

Elena
03-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Thats perfect - because they've acknowledged it in the forms. I didn't have any of mine yesterday because parents forget to give them back but because she saw reference to it in one of my parents questionnaires she knew I wasn't making it up.

monkey62
09-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Is something I do with all my minded children. I think is a fantastic 2 way communication as long you have an interes from parents.One of my parents have lost 3 diaries so far....is cost me a fortune....