PDA

View Full Version : Getting fed up waiting

sjane2
03-02-2010, 01:40 PM
hi just felt like having a moan, I have been registered since October but have only had 1 phone call so far which nothing came of.

I need to advertise more i think, was hoping to have something by now. How long did it take others to get mindees? I know I am not alone as another childminder who got registered at same time as me is in the same boat. It doesn't help that the school I can pick up from has just opened an afterschool club:(

Just frustrating really, feel better for telling someone sorry to complain. people of told me it will all happen at once so I just need to be patient.

Sam

candy cat
03-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Hi I am in the same boat .....I am on childcare.co ,netmums,gumtree,goverment site etc. very frustrating isn't it.cx

Pipsqueak
03-02-2010, 03:00 PM
keep your listing updated with FIS - this is the biggie

get out there and let people know you are a minder and have spaces.
get a t-shirt/bag and get round to the local playgroups etc and put a flyer up

it WILL happen

beccas
03-02-2010, 03:06 PM
vista print have offer on at mo free tshirts and bags window decal etc just pay postage. have a look.

smudge
04-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Oh no!! This part is the worst:(
have you tried to do something different to other cms in your area??
We have 14 in our village so the only way i could think to boost my service was to do things like late nights eg till 9pm, work weekends, and pick up and drop off service, overnight care ect.
I know its really hard and frustrating but you dont have to do this for ever, just untill you get yourself established. It took me about 3 months of the above and that was 4 years ago!!!
I now have a thriving buisness and a waiting list......... but when people ask for any of the above i now say "im really sorry but no"!!!!!!
I hope this gives you some hope!!!
Keep the faith and the smile!! xxxx:littleangel:

clio0602
04-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Hi I've only been registered a couple of weeks but it feels like the waiting has started all over again! I think with patience and loads of advertising and hopefully we'll get some enquiries that come through x

emmalc
05-02-2010, 09:44 AM
I thought it was just me!
I too have been registered and advertising since November and nothing yet. Really begining to wonder if i have done the right thing starting up and paying out for everything, i have even gone as far as looking at the local job board today:(

Bekbean
05-02-2010, 10:49 AM
ooooo
me too!
I started the month by checking over my paperwork, planning menus and activities and got all excited. And then nothing happened. It's soooo frustrating as I know I could really give a child a happy and stimulating environment.
Might look into getting a bag done.

Good luck everyone - perhaps that call will come today.

Rebekah

mojo0403
17-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Hi

I am exactly the same too :panic: have been registered since November and no definate bookings and no income coming in.

its so fustrating when you get soooo excited when your certificate comes through the post and then it just gets deflated with the waiting.

I just hope who ever is waiting for the phone to ring it will ring for us very soon.

GOOD LUCK GUYS