PDA

View Full Version : cold callers

Tired
03-02-2010, 12:52 PM
I am really fed up of people knocking on the door trying to sell me double glazing or a new porch.:angry:

they always wake the babies.:angry:

Do any of you have a NO COLD CALLERS sign on the door?
Does it work, or does it just prompt them to call anyway to annoy you?
Does it make you look like a grumpy old woman?

nannymcflea
03-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Oh yes. Taped in full view, parents asked if they weren't allowed to come if it was snowing!:laughing:

sonia ann
03-02-2010, 01:09 PM
i think Pauline posted her door sign on a thread somewhere....since I put it up I haven't had one cold caller...I'll look for it

mandy moo
03-02-2010, 01:12 PM
I look out the window, If I dont know the person/s standing at the door, I just dont open it :D

marian
03-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Ive just printed and will put up - I do have a sticker on my front window but it is obviously too small as they still knock!
When I point out the sign to them and they hear the woken baby crying they are still oblivious and carry on trying to sell any way!:panic:

Marian x

patevans
03-02-2010, 01:16 PM
I dont answer the door anymore unless I am expecting someone, the same with my landline no one ever rings it for me the only calls I get are for Mrs :censored: Johnson - how many more times do I have to tell these fools this person does not live here!!!!! So I now have the ringer tone turned off but check the voicemail twice a day!

Winnie
03-02-2010, 01:28 PM
I dont answer the door anymore unless I am expecting someone, the same with my landline no one ever rings it for me the only calls I get are for Mrs :censored: Johnson - how many more times do I have to tell these fools this person does not live here!!!!! So I now have the ringer tone turned off but check the voicemail twice a day!

Ooo i'm Mrs johnson maybe its for me :laughing: i get repeated calls for a Mrs Wilson :angry: i know she lives in the next village and have been tempted to knock on her door and ask if her friends ould dail more carefully in future ;)

sue m
03-02-2010, 01:43 PM
I've got Pauline's one up on my door in BIG black letters and they still ring the doorbell and when I answer say "oh, sorry, only just seen that after I rang the bell". :angry: It is NEXT to the bell!

Tired
03-02-2010, 01:55 PM
That poster is great, thanks, i'll print it out later.

Hopefully it will stop some of them, but some are so arrogant I bet they will ignore it.

Helen Dempster
03-02-2010, 05:21 PM
I look out the window, If I dont know the person/s standing at the door, I just dont open it :D

This is exactly what I do :laughing:

patevans
03-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Ooo i'm Mrs johnson maybe its for me :laughing: i get repeated calls for a Mrs Wilson :angry: i know she lives in the next village and have been tempted to knock on her door and ask if her friends ould dail more carefully in future ;)

I got to a point where when international number showed up on caller ID I picked up the phone and said NO.....Mr and Mrs Johnson do not live here and put the phone down!!!! It drives me mad :angry:

patevans
03-02-2010, 06:04 PM

I tried this but they saw me peeping so kept knocking :laughing:

Minstrel
03-02-2010, 06:16 PM
I tried this but they saw me peeping so kept knocking :laughing:

I'd shout through the letterbox "can't you take a hint??" :laughing:

Mollymop
03-02-2010, 06:53 PM
I dislike cold callers - IF WE WANT YOU WE WILL CONTACT YOU OURSELVES - STOP BULLYING!!!:D

Spangles
03-02-2010, 07:25 PM
I've got Pauline's one up on my door in BIG black letters and they still ring the doorbell and when I answer say "oh, sorry, only just seen that after I rang the bell". :angry: It is NEXT to the bell!

They must be blind! You can clearly see your sign!