PDA

View Full Version : has anybody got the renault grand senic

mozarella
03-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Hi

We are looking at getting a 7 seaters and we quite like the look of the grand senic with the two back seats sliding in the boot practical for when I wont childmind

Could you tell me though if 3 car seats fits in the 3 back seats? and also what do you think of the space etc ? would it fit a double buggy if the 7 seats are up?

Thanks

Moz

nannymcflea
03-02-2010, 12:58 PM
There was a post not long ago regarding the use of the 2 back seats, with Renault saying not to put car seats in them!

Perhaps someone with a better grip of computers will post a link!

FizzysFriends
03-02-2010, 01:01 PM
I have one and I 3 seats across the back, one is just a booster though as thats all I need.

I get a P&T in the boot will all the bags too.

LeanneC
03-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi

I have a Grand scenic and its fab, I actually swapped it for and sold my Zafira as I didnt like the seats and the car really. The scenic is great lots of storage, mine is a good spec as i have a button to do everything ( bit lazy really lol) I have automatic lights, wipers push button start /stop and handbrake, panoramic sunroof, secret hiding places for chocolate stash lol. I can fit 3 seats along the back seats and I also have a carseat in the back seats and its fine. It was fitted properly and is solid as a rock. fitting the buggies in when all 7 seats are up is a hassle though but ive never seen any buggy that will fit in any 7 seater when all 7 seats are up. I at the minute dont have a need for all 7 seats yet as ive only 3 mindees and my own dd so i only need 3 car seats and a booster but they all fit in fine. I have rear facing in the front with me sometimes too as I can turn off airbag as and when i need to. So Grand scenic to me as great I would buy another and definately reccommend - but each to their own some people dont like it.

Hope you decide on something soon xx

samd35
03-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi

I have a grand scenic and find that it is brilliant.
I fit 3 seats in middle and have been able to fit seats or booster seats in the the extra 2 seats in boot.
I do fit my double maclaren in if I turn it on its side.
The only thing I can fault with it really is that when you do have seats up in boot there isn't alot of leg room if you have a car seat on them so I tend to put the booster seats in far back. They do say that the seats in boot are really only for young children up to age 12ish but I've sat in and been fine, a little squashed with my legs but can get in. Mind I am only 5ft 4in. LOL

Sam x

Hebs
03-02-2010, 02:04 PM
i was also told the seats are only for children/small adults and i use mine with high back boosters, have confirmed with my insurance company that i will be covered if kids are in back and they said yes as they are intended for children and not adults.

mozarella
03-02-2010, 03:36 PM
thanks sounds exactly what we need

Would love to see the previous post about the back seats though

mozarella
03-02-2010, 04:22 PM
i found the other post and put a reply but dont know where it is gone
I am a bit confused on what was said there that in the manual it says you cannot use it for over 12 but also cant fit car seats at the back, then you cant use the back seats ????

nannymcflea
03-02-2010, 04:26 PM
i found the other post and put a reply but dont know where it is gone
I am a bit confused on what was said there that in the manual it says you cannot use it for over 12 but also cant fit car seats at the back, then you cant use the back seats ????

My name is XXXXX and I am writing from Armstrong & Fleming Ltd in Penrith in regards to your enquiry on the Grand scenic, I believe XXXX has emailed you previously. I have looked into your question on the child seats and although renault offer all of the 3 seats on the second row as ISOFIX as standard and therefore suitable for all 3 groups of child seat, they do not recommend using child seats on the 3rd row of seats as they are not ISOFIX and simply not suitable for them. I hope this has answered your question and hope to hear from you soon if you would like to find out more about the vehicle and even take a look at prices and of course a test drive.

This is the reply I got from Renault...not much help, oh so wishy washy salesmen!

wellybelly
03-02-2010, 04:30 PM
I have a scenic and love it! I can put an umbrella single buggy or a mamas and papas twin aria pushchair in the boot with all 7 seats in use. As for the post about not using the seats in the back I rang my local renault dealer and they said they had not heard of any change in legislation or recommendation from renault UK regarding the 3rd row of seats.

Hebs
03-02-2010, 04:57 PM
None of my car seats are isofix lol

desiderata
03-02-2010, 05:20 PM
I too have the Scenic and I love it!!!! I also have the idle model where everything happens as you drive its brill!! I have 3 seats in the middle row and they are brill and I have also had seats in the back. I can fit my double buggy in when the seats are up and when they are down and I have the baby I can fit my Bertini London stroller in the boot or cosy coupes when we go to the park!!

kez
05-02-2010, 11:15 PM
hy ya i have a 7 seater scenic can i just ask what car seat brands you have in the 2nd row as i carnt seem to fit more then 2 seats in the back of mine??

im trying desperatly to find as seat for the middle seat as i have a forward facing car seats both sides but cannot fit a booster or forward facing car seat in the middle beacause it is thinner then the side seats and the seat belt buckles are really low so any booster ive tryed the buckles get in the way??

Would really appricate it if you could tell me the brand of seats you use for the middle seat xxxx

daisyboo1980
06-02-2010, 07:14 AM
i have a 2 nania full car seats in the middle row and in the middle seat of that row a pink princess seat but u can get boys ones to i got it from tescos
and it fits perfectly
i alao use the boot seats with high booster seats when i was a nanny i used to put a 10 ans 12 year old in the boot but felt so bad as they had no leg room there is no way u can use them for anything else other than bosters or car seat there isnt the room