PDA

View Full Version : Contracts for 5yr old and 9yr old

jackandjill
03-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Hi Im after some advice I will be caring for 3 brothers monday to friday. One is 8 months so I know full contract will apply but I will collect the 5yr old and 9yr old from school at 3pm and their mother will collect them at 3.45pm at the latest. This will only be team time and I will not care for any of the children in the school holidays.
Will I need to do a full contact for the 2 older children as it will be for less than 2 hours a day.

Thanks Sarah

miffy
03-02-2010, 12:37 PM
I would still do a full contract for each of the older boys - if only to protect yourself if something goes wrong - otherwise 4 weeks money x 2 would be quite a lot to lose if they were just taken away without the proper notice being given

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
03-02-2010, 01:00 PM
I am with Miffy on this one, plus you will have your insurance in place etc etc by using contracts

Goatgirl
03-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi :),
presumably you will charge a full hour per child for each drop off and each collection? That's 4 hours pay per day: 20 hours a week. I'd definitely have it all set out in a contract.
Helps if there's any confusion, to be clear what's been legaly agreed esp if the parents want to vary things; if anyone's off sick or on holiday; bad time keeping to deal with etc
At the very least, I'd have a written agreement, covering hours, policies, payment, late fees etc, signed and dated by all parties.

bws,
Wendy

Goatgirl
03-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi again :) just realised its only one hour per day per child... I'd still go with a contract though :)

Chatterbox Childcare
03-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Full contract for all of them