PDA

View Full Version : Annual returns - a reminder!

sarah707
03-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Just a reminder that Scottish Childminders need to complete their annual return!

The Care Commission would prefer you to use the online system but there are paper forms available.

It needs to be done before Monday 15 February 2010.

Childminders need to get their copy in the post before the cut-off date as failure to send in the return can affect your grading.

Note - if you are a new childminder - registered after 1 October 2009 - you do not need to complete an annual return this year.

Hth :D

Gizmo
03-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Have done mine :thumbsup: just the dreaded inspection soon :panic:

fionamal
03-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Ive got mine all done too :clapping:

peanuts
03-02-2010, 01:05 PM
got mine done, was quite painless didnt take too long

Blackhorse
03-02-2010, 01:22 PM
I have done mine but I now am panicking as I think I answered one question wrong and I am not sure what implications it has

It asked for how many accidents and I had 0 that was ok
then it asked for incidents and I said 3 and they were:
1 child arriving from school with a big bruise
1 child arriving from school with something else (cant remember now)
and one LO who broke of (by accident) a door of my play kitchen and fell over with the kitchen as a result. he wasnt hurt or anything but I wrote it down as an incident anyway

now I am not sure if these things are incidents and if they are not if CC will think I had 3 major things happen in the couple of weeks I have been working !!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

do you think I should phone them?

little chickee
03-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks - i had forgotten all about it! Again!!

Heaven Scent
03-02-2010, 07:18 PM
I was going to ask you what your annual return was - but now I think I kinow - its terrible - its like big brother watching you - even more than they do down here YUK - anyhow Blackhorse I'm sure those things would be seen as minor incidents and nothing more i don't think you should worry I would imagine they grade the severity of incidents. These to me are more everyday occurances - does that make you feel better - but I just have to add what would I know - bet someone in the know will be along soon to put your mind at ease. :blush:

Alibali
03-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Hey Nicole, don't worry too much. I think in future I wouldn't put minor incidents down, they are really only concerned about incidents/accidents that require a dr or hospital visit or may have long term implications.

However, in my first year I didn't quite understand this either and in my annual return I put down 8 accidents:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had 3 lo's under 18 months and they were for ever falling/ having bumps so cos I filled in an accident form I included them.

The consequences were that on my RSA (regulatory support) score the put me as a medium risk rather than low, but once they came out my inspection etc was fine.

So you're not alone!