PDA

View Full Version : Minders Alert (particuarly Suffolk)

Pipsqueak
12-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I have received this from my development officer asking that all childminders be aware: (it stems from Suffolk and is perhaps a long way out for some of us but nevertheless it is perhaps something to be alert to (and to pass on to your friends please):

Dear All

Rather worryingly we have received two calls from registered childminders in
Suffolk in the last few days who have been phoned by a man claiming to be a
photographer called Alan Page.

In both cases Alan made the childminders an offer of cash in exchange for
filming the children in their care, and could give no explanation as to why
he wanted the footage.

The local police have been informed of the first incident and we will be
advising the other childminder to report the second incident to police
today. Alan Page made both calls to these childminders last week.

Please can all CIS's be on the alert especially those of you in the Eastern
region where this Alan Page may try to make contact with your childminders.
Take your usual precautions to alert your local childminders and childcare
providers.

Children's Information Development Manager (I have the contact details should you require them but the official line is to contact the police if you have been affected)

Tily Bud
12-03-2008, 11:55 AM
that is so awful, is nobody safe now a days ??? hope they catch him :angry:

yummymummy
12-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Whaaaaat! That is disgusting, as we all know it is more than our registration is worth to let something like that happen. What a front that pervert must have to approach registered childminders. :(

avril
12-03-2008, 12:06 PM
OMG :angry: Is no one safe anywhere?

Avril x

booboo
12-03-2008, 12:17 PM
OMG It's getting so scary we've had 4 attempted abductions in my town lately and another one where 2 guys grabbed a 2 year old in Marks and spencers, which is appalling and shaved her hair to disguise her!! thankgod they were caught them before they left the store, disgusting perverts!!
makes my blood boil.

I am so scared to even let my nearly 10year old son to the shop which is litteraly around the corner, we are living in a crazy world, full of :censored: :censored:

Amanda x

im from Coventry

Annie_T
12-03-2008, 12:22 PM
gee what are people playing at, kids are fresh,free and inocent why does people want reck this.

welli hope they catch him

thank you hun for warning (not im that area but least we know in case he was to move on to another area)

Pudding Girl
12-03-2008, 12:24 PM
I hope you don't mind but am going to copy that over to another forum I use as there's a childminders thread..

disgusting :( I truly hope all Childminders would hear alarm bells at this and not let him in their home.

booboo
12-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Sorry just thought i'd add on im from Coventry theres been lots lately in the paper, but the one that happened in Marks and spencers has been kept quite, no idea why, as everyone needs to know what weirdos are about, it's wrong keeping it quiet!! then again as soon as i found out i paniced and felt so sick!!!!

Amanda xx

nat1664
12-03-2008, 12:44 PM
I had a tex from my CIS this morning about this....makes me so mad :angry:

booboo
12-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Same as i mean why is it all hush hush ive been buying the paper every day and there has been nothing!! it should have been on the news its that serious and it happened over 2 weeks ago and nothing :angry: :angry:

Amanda x

Pipsqueak
12-03-2008, 01:38 PM
I hope you don't mind but am going to copy that over to another forum I use as there's a childminders thread..

disgusting :( I truly hope all Childminders would hear alarm bells at this and not let him in their home.

Help yourself, the more minders who are aware the better....

ma7ie
12-03-2008, 01:53 PM
That's terrible. Makes my skin crawl.

Heaven Scent
12-03-2008, 01:58 PM
How awful.

Celine

sarah707
12-03-2008, 02:00 PM
I wonder what makes people do things like this, they must be very sick :(

hello kitty
12-03-2008, 02:22 PM
This has made we wonder ..... do you remember a few weeks ago it was my daughters birthday and we hired a limousine for her to collect her and her friends from school. Anyway later in the week someone handed in to the school some photos of the car in an envelope with Happy Birthday on it. It did have a sticker with an address on it saying he was a photographer. The thing is I was there with the car and the children and no one approached me to ask if it was OK to take pictures and I didn't see anyone taking pictures - I thought as he had put an address on the envelope it was OK ish but now not so sure. What do you think? Should I inform the police? I don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill and it is probably quite innocent.

Sarah

PS I live in Norfolk!!

Mollymop
12-03-2008, 02:23 PM
That's scarey, I am in the east.

flora
12-03-2008, 04:12 PM
thats creepy, :angry: hope the catch up with him

angeldelight
12-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Yes I hope they catch him also

Angel xx

Splish Splosh
12-03-2008, 04:48 PM
me too thats really not nice.

Trouble
12-03-2008, 06:15 PM
i would just tell him to :censored: off people like that make me sick, sorry for the language ladies but it turns my stomach:blush:

Rubybubbles
12-03-2008, 07:04 PM
goose bumps all over how sad and scary

Pauline
12-03-2008, 09:56 PM
We had a similar thing around here a couple of years ago, but this bloke wanted to come and sit in while the minder worked, claimed he wanted to get into childcare but thought it would be nice to see first if he would be able to do it.

He always targeted new minders, perhaps because he thought they might be a bit naive to things, who knows? Luckily all the ones I knew of turned him down.

Rach30
13-03-2008, 02:38 PM
This has made we wonder ..... do you remember a few weeks ago it was my daughters birthday and we hired a limousine for her to collect her and her friends from school. Anyway later in the week someone handed in to the school some photos of the car in an envelope with Happy Birthday on it. It did have a sticker with an address on it saying he was a photographer. The thing is I was there with the car and the children and no one approached me to ask if it was OK to take pictures and I didn't see anyone taking pictures - I thought as he had put an address on the envelope it was OK ish but now not so sure. What do you think? Should I inform the police? I don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill and it is probably quite innocent.

Sarah

PS I live in Norfolk!!

That does seem a bit odd to me . Why did he hand them into the school ? I think i would mention it to the police , esp as you are sort of next door to Suffolk . You could contact the bloke yourself but i wouldn't . You've got your own safety to think of .