PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Level 2 qualification for over 8s????

Lady Haha
03-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Hi, I was having a good tidy out of my 'office' yesterday and came across a letter from Ofsted from ages ago which states the requirements of being on childcare registers.

I am on all three, but the one I am concerned with is the Voluntary Register.

It says in this letter than all cm's need a level 2 qualification relating to childcare if they are caring for children over the age of 8. It obviously passed me by at the time, but I have had one over 8 since last April and three more are turning 8 this month!!!

I don't have a level 2 qualification relating to childcare!!! Is there a 'quick fix' course I can do? I did look into doing a level 3 NVQ when all that talk about us having to have one by 2015 came about, but couldn't get the funding, so decided to leave it for a while.

Am I working illegally now? :panic: Everthing else I do is tip top!!!! I work to the EYFS with my reception child and I have new topics every month which includes all the mindees, I take the kids out and about on day trips, I take my job very seriously and love it and I'm GOOD at it!!!

:(

Lady Haha
03-02-2010, 10:50 AM
PHew!!! Just rang Ofsted and I'm all fine and legal!!! She did go into a lot of jargon about why it's because I'm a childminder and my childminding course covers me etc but can't remember half of what she said now! Just soooo relieved!

Thought I would leave the thread though in case it helps some one else!

sarah707
03-02-2010, 11:16 AM
I was just coming on to say you'll probably be ok but give Ofsted a ring! :laughing:

If anyone is in this position with over 8s it is best to check with Ofsted that your ICP or school qualifications cover you.

Glad it's sorted :D

TheBTeam
03-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Hi, dont panic we had just the same thing with my dh, it was put as a recommendation on his ofsted, and we left it at the time as his mum had just passed away, we looked into it last month with NCMA and the requirement is Level 2 or training in the Common Core, which if you have completed DHC unit 1 then you will have done.

I can pm you the emails that we had about it but dont want to put them on the open forum with email addresses in.