PDA

View Full Version : Omg reply to Gareths article ***reply***UPDATE***

It's a small world
03-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Had a reply to email they have passed it onto the Friday family page and want to know if they can print my letter in the letters section arrghhhh will post reply later !!!!

Here is their reply

Thanks for your letter and press release. I have passed it on to our features team to look at for our family page on Fridays.
However, do you think I could run your covering note as a letter on the letters page as well?

I hope my letter although based on male cms .(Ive done an article and covering letter ) will help promote all cms in Gareths area ???? wishing you all a bit a luck..Even if it means Gareth getting enquiries he can then pass on your details when he gets his first mindees..Will let you know if they get printed....:thumbsup: At least they responded and seem interested....:clapping:

Pudding Girl
03-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Gareth? If so, woohoo!

LOOPYLISA
03-02-2010, 09:28 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

beccas
03-02-2010, 09:29 AM
have i missed something here???

Hebs
03-02-2010, 09:31 AM
:clapping: :clapping:

Gareth you'll be full soon :D :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
03-02-2010, 09:31 AM

little miss chatterbox
03-02-2010, 09:39 AM
yay!!!! well done you! xx

beccas
03-02-2010, 09:48 AM
had a look through forum found your article well done have also posted on that post too,:clapping:

nannymcflea
03-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Thats fab, managed to read the letter on the lounge forum.:thumbsup:

Fingers crossed for Gareth.:clapping:

Gizmo
03-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Fantastic, how long until he is on GMTV :clapping:

nell57
03-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Well done and good luck with the article, hope it works out perfectly for everyone:thumbsup:

miffy
03-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Well done Kerrie! :clapping:

Hope this works for Gareth

Miffy xx

Ripeberry
03-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Wow, only just managed to read the article on Word 97. His phone will be ringing off the hook now :thumbsup:

Twinkles
03-02-2010, 12:45 PM
I just hope he remembers all of us when he's rich and famous :D

wendywu
03-02-2010, 12:50 PM
great news , lets hope it works real soon :clapping:

DCMS
03-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Well done Kerrie Louise hopefully it will do the trick :thumbsup:

mandy moo
03-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Could someone do a link please, I seemed to have missed it somewhere along the line
Ta

TheBTeam
03-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Wow, well done you, I bet Gareth is even more nervous than before, I really hope it all works well for him, he so seems like he deserves it, and a man who is prepared to take on the hard work as well as a young family deserves backing!

mandy moo
03-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Found it, never mind :)

The Juggler
03-02-2010, 01:43 PM
wow Kerrie! I missed the original thread too but fab they've taken notice and great for Gareth if it promotes him!

good luck to you bothxx

Beckieboo
03-02-2010, 01:53 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

childmind04
03-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Wow well done Kerrie and good luck Gareth :)

Susan

ORKSIE
03-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Oh how fantastic...I have everything crossed for you Gareth and all the other CM's in your area:thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
03-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Ohhhhhhhh Godddddddd what have we done, lol

Geez notihng has been printned yet and im already as nervous as hell lol, is it tolate to take it back???????????

Deeep breaths gareth Deep breaths.

Gotta say im shocked at how quick they replied to you, i was hopfull of a response but wasnt sure they would.

Will be nervously buying the paper every day this week, and everytimemyphone goes ill poo myself lol.

Thnaks again to everyone for their wondefull support, and to kerrie for gonig to the trouble of doing this.

Gareth
xx

funfunfun
03-02-2010, 02:08 PM
well done :clapping:

It's a small world
03-02-2010, 03:58 PM
The local paper called me whilst on school run they are trying to get hold of Gareth. I tx him and he called them. They are going to call back after 5pm (probably for his input) and they are sending round a photographer to his house tonight !!!! he is scared (cant give his actual words_:laughing: ) lets hope this benefits all cms....its in Gareths hands now......:clapping:

aly
03-02-2010, 03:59 PM
lol gareth what you like.

just out of interest..i was going to post it on my facebook...what area would I put you under?

Minstrel
03-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Great news :clapping:

Is the paper available online so we will all be able to see it? :D

It's a small world
03-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Great news :clapping:

Is the paper available online so we will all be able to see it? :D just thought .I think its the paper thats delivered to all areas even mine:eek: thought it was just his area :eek: will get the paper Friday

Hopefully will let you know. I hope this promotes all cms :thumbsup:

We are Northamptonshire...

Hope Gareths not too shy...Cant wait to see the paper..so excited for him,...hope it works and helps him and other cms in his area..

Carpet Monkeys
03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
I'll be watching out for him on This Morning/Loose Women .... he'll be everywhere now, how about forwarding the paper onto the NCMA, they may want to follow it through too!!

Blaze
03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
:clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping:

Daddy Day Care
03-02-2010, 04:46 PM
:panic: :panic: :panic:

Panicccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

:panic: :panic: :panic:

Been meaning to get my hair cut for weeks now

Paniccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

panicccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccccc

panicccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

lol wiofe just sainsburies to get me some beer for AFTER the interview and photo

panicccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccc

panicccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc ccccccccc

Gareth
xx

Blaze
03-02-2010, 04:52 PM
:laughing:
...You'll be fine:thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
03-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Just cut myslef sahving on a blunt razor???????

got 2 horrid spots!!!!!!!

urghhhhhhhhh

Actually not that worried about the telephone interview she seemed really nice and easy to tlak to just the camera man comming round that is panicing me lol....

everytihng has been shoved in my kitchen so he best not wanna go in there lol

Gareth
xx

Tink
03-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Good luck hope it all goes ok for you xxx

ajs
03-02-2010, 05:17 PM
good luck Gareth i am sure you'll be fine
don't forget to scan it so we can see what is said on here.

It's a small world
03-02-2010, 05:24 PM
:laughing: Gareth do you want mindees or not ???? :laughing: :laughing: you can't be a man of leisure forever. Its about time you got some mindees and get back on here......just think you are now representing all cm's male and female.....now thats pressure.......(dont forget to plug me) :laughing: just dont send them round for photos :laughing:

GOOD LUCK :thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
03-02-2010, 05:37 PM
well the interview is over with, forgot to say a couple of things id planned on saying but think it went ok. The worst bit still to come tho the dreaded photo, anyone wanna pop round and pretend to be me?????

Think im gunna go round town and buy every copy of the ET on friday lol

Not been given a time for thw photographer to come but hope he hurries up i need alchol lol

Thanks again everyone for your words of support

Gareth
xx

It's a small world
03-02-2010, 05:40 PM
well the interview is over with, forgot to say a couple of things id planned on saying but think it went ok. The worst bit still to come tho the dreaded photo, anyone wanna pop round and pretend to be me?????

Think im gunna go round town and buy every copy of the ET on friday lol

Not been given a time for thw photographer to come but hope he hurries up i need alchol lol

Thanks again everyone for your words of support

Gareth
xx

think of the publicity...hope you made us cms look as good as we are...:thumbsup: well done lets hope it works:thumbsup: going to get my copy Friday :clapping:

Ripeberry
03-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Hope the photo goes well....pinch some of your wife's makeup :D

Alibali
03-02-2010, 05:52 PM
How exciting, if it's not online you'll need to scan a copy so I can see it:thumbsup:

Practice you best smile now DDC:laughing: Oh and a wee bit make up so you don't look too pale:D

RedDragon
03-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Hope the photo goes well....pinch some of your wife's makeup :D

A man in make up? :happy banana: :happy banana: :happy banana: :happy banana:

I may just pretend to be the photographer - so beware lol

nannymcflea
03-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Cool, will get my mum to buy one on Friday. Am in Northampton at the weekend(if the snow goes) so can I get an autograph please.:clapping:

RedDragon
03-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Bet it will be online too - my local paper usually is.

Chatterbox Childcare
03-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Come on Gareth what is happening or can't you get online because your phone is ringing off the hook!

Be confident and assertive and you will be full in no time at all.

littletreasures
03-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Good luck Gareth.

Make sure they get your best side!!!!:laughing:

Spangles
03-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Good luck Gareth! Have fun! You are famous now!!!! Can I have your autograph please?

Trouble
03-02-2010, 06:23 PM
good vibes gareth:thumbsup: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Amaranth
03-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Wow, that was fast. I hope you get lots of calls for mindees Gareth.

I hope you will still remember all your forum friends when you are rich and famous :thumbsup: :D

~Chelle~
03-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Good luck Gareth, hope you get some mindees now after this.

Also Take a bow Kerrie, you are a star:clapping: :clapping:

Twinkles
03-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Fingers crossed for you DDC and well done Kerrie :thumbsup:

Polly2
03-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Waayheey go Gareth :clapping: :clapping:

It's a small world
03-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Good luck Gareth! Have fun! You are famous now!!!! Can I have your autograph please?

I think he should do an autograph for everyone on the forum...:laughing: that will keep him busy (saying that he wont have time now will he :laughing: )

Daddy Day Care
03-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Well photographer been and gone, would be surprised if he was here for more than 90 seconds. Said he had been given jobs all over the place and was running way behind.

Had 5 or 6 pics taken of me with the kids, of course my ds whos 2 didnt wnat to take part, really not looking forwarsd to seeing the pics.

Didnt put make-up on all tho i was tempted lol, the wife is at college and I wudnt have a clue what to use, id end up using mascara when i was suppsoe to be suing blusher lol. Didnt have a clue what to wear either so just war the type of clothing id wear if childminding.

Really glad it over and done with, just wont sleep till friday now lol.

I know i keep saying it but cant thank you all enough for your support, dont know what id do without ya all.

Gareth
xx

estrelas
03-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Well photographer been and gone, would be surprised if he was here for more than 90 seconds. Said he had been given jobs all over the place and was running way behind.

Had 5 or 6 pics taken of me with the kids, of course my ds whos 2 didnt wnat to take part, really not looking forwarsd to seeing the pics.

Didnt put make-up on all tho i was tempted lol, the wife is at college and I wudnt have a clue what to use, id end up using mascara when i was suppsoe to be suing blusher lol. Didnt have a clue what to wear either so just war the type of clothing id wear if childminding.

Really glad it over and done with, just wont sleep till friday now lol.

I know i keep saying it but cant thank you all enough for your support, dont know what id do without ya all.

Gareth:
xx

well done, i hope it works for you as others have said it could be took even further than the local paper xxx Kerries a star for doing this

Good luck :thumbsup:

Spangles
03-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Glad you got on okay. I'm sure you looked like a totally trustworthy, handsome, fun childminder type bloke! Ha!

Hope it works for you! Can't wait to find out about the article and what response you have from it!

What does your wife think about it all?

xx

zillervalley
03-02-2010, 07:13 PM
good luck gareth

Monkey1
03-02-2010, 07:16 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Thats fantastic :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Well done Gareth and Kerrie! I bet you will get a few calls within a week! Fingers crossed for you x

Hebs
03-02-2010, 07:19 PM

fingers crossed your phone never stops :laughing:

Trouble
03-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Friday is coming only 2 days to go:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

you should be able to see them online after midnight on thursday night:clapping: :laughing:

1 day to go

charleyfarley
03-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Wow that really is fantastic :clapping: :clapping:

Well done Kerrie too :thumbsup:

Hope the phone rings soon Gareth, you'll be full in no time:clapping:

Can't wait to see the paper

Carol xx

Gizmo
03-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Fantastic hope the phone starts ringing soon, can just imagine Gareth on loose women :laughing:

pinklady
03-02-2010, 08:06 PM
That phone will be ringing non-stop before you know it..how could they resist you?:D

( did reply to the thread earlier but my flipping connection keeps going and obviously didn't submit my reply)

helenlc
03-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Its so exciting!!

Good luck Gareth and well done Kerrie!!

Is this the link to the right paper?

http://www.northantset.co.uk/

It's a small world
03-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Its so exciting!!

Yeah think so This is the one Im going to look at anyway

Chell
03-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Well done Kerrie! Remind me to buy a paper on Friday please. :D Garethm hope it brings lots of business for you. When you and Kerrie are full can you recommend me. :p

Its so exciting!!

That is it but they only tend to put the main headlines on the site. If we have the photo code then you'll be able to view it in the section where you can buy copies of the photo.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
03-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Well done fingers crossed the phone starts ringing. :clapping:

misst104
03-02-2010, 08:57 PM
This is all very exciting stuff!!!! Kerrie, you are an absolute star for organising all this for Gareth - Well Done you :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I will be keeping everything crossed that this is just what you need Gareth and hopefully you will be full in no time!

Can't wait to see THE article :thumbsup:

xxx jo

onceinabluemoon
03-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Great idea!

Good luck Gareth, hope the phone is soon buzzing for you x

TheBTeam
03-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Make sure you keep us updated, we need to be able to see it!:laughing:

When they did my one they said it was going in our Friday paper that you had to buy so I thought that is handy not too many people will see it, only to get a phonecall from someone saying heh you are in the free paper, and every blooming house for miles had it!!!!!!:blush:

My ds still laughs at my embarrassment, but DDC go for it take it all the way!

MarpleJollytots
03-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Looking Forward to seeing this Gareth! Hope it works for You.

Mike
Another Male CM:jump for joy: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :jump for joy:

mandy moo
04-02-2010, 06:58 AM
Well done Gareth,
as someone else said 'loose women' next??

PixiePetal
04-02-2010, 08:08 AM
:clapping:

Well done Kerrie for getting it all started and Gareth for keping Liz under wraps for the photo! (think that was 'her' name :laughing: )

Fingers crossed for some enquiries and mindees very soon.

Autograph, signed photo please?! :laughing: :D

ORKSIE
04-02-2010, 08:21 AM
oooh this is soo exciting, it feels like i waiting for Christmas again.
Gareth hope your phone is ringing non stop for you:clapping: :clapping:

Kerrie, what a friend indeed you are:thumbsup:

little chickee
05-02-2010, 12:07 PM
heres the link to the article

http://www.northantset.co.uk/family/Childminder-Gareth-wants-a-fair.6047599.jp

Tam's Tribe
05-02-2010, 12:08 PM
:clapping: Well Done Kerrie and Good Luck Gareth!

It's a small world
05-02-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm ending this thread as I have set a new one up for the article...Sorry Pauline hope Im not overdoing the threads here :blush:
The new thread is :
http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=51573

Lets hope it promotes cms as they should be seen :clapping: