PDA

View Full Version : hate having to wait!!!

LittleStar's
02-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Dont you just hate waiting for a perspective parent to make their decision!!!

I had a couple come round last week , they have not come back to me and im guessing they wont do now, Nice of them to let me know!

Another couple have come round today so now i have to wait for them to decide , i do have mindees but this latest enquiry would fill my last 2 spaces!
I wonder how long I will have to wait.

Maybe Im just impatient! :laughing:

What is the longest a parent has taken to decide to bring their child to you???

Twinkles
02-02-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm waiting on one now :( Don't think she will come now though.She also came round last week , I know she was seeing more.

I try to tell myself that things always happen for a reason and maybe they have chosen the right minder for them. Just peeved it wasn't me :D

I had a couple come round last year and didn't hear anything for two weeks , they then called and said yes they'd like the place and I had to tell them sorry but it was filled two days after their visit !

TheBTeam
02-02-2010, 10:03 PM
I had one mum take over 4 weeks to come back to me and she was genuinely surprised that I hadn't picked up on the fact that she definitely wanted to go ahead with me caring for her twins, well i had said let me know!

suzyblue
03-02-2010, 07:54 AM
I had someone visit and then they went off on holiday for a couple of weeks. She then came back and told me she wanted the space and was surprised when I said it had gone!

caz3007
03-02-2010, 10:25 AM
I had one set of parents decide to go with another minder, cos she promised to be more flexible and offered Saturdays, which I wasnt prepared to do. Less than a week after the child started, they rang me and said they had made a huge mistake and could I take the child with only very occassional saturdays and that LO is still with me

Ripeberry
03-02-2010, 12:08 PM
I've learnt from this forum to take down the parent's phone number(s) and e-mail address as soon as they visit. This way I can chase them up :D

devoncm
03-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Ive had this alot, they just dont get back to you, id arranged a meeting 2 wks ago for her not to turn up to that, found outshewent with another cm in town, which is fine but could have let me know she wasnt coming, i could have done something with my own kids-thought she may have at least let me know as she works at childrens center!
last weds had someone come round, only wanted 1 day, i wasnt fussed about it tbh but she was meant to letme know by friday last week and i still havent heard anything-makes you wonder why they wasteyours and theres time:rolleyes:

LittleStar's
03-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Well no reply yet! I did ask her to let me know either way, but we will see!