PDA

View Full Version : What do you call your business

SparklingGems
02-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Im currently have doubts about the name I picked and wrote on my ofsted reg form

"Little Gems minding service"

I just wondered what others have chosen I think I want something more catchy.

mama2three
02-02-2010, 03:42 PM
i like little gems , its nice.
I spent weeks trying to think up a name. i liked curious caterpillars but a fairly close minder has the name. also muddy puddles , little robins , curious minds ,the tree house . I wanted something that reflected our kind of setting , we are usually found in the middle of sherwood forest! ds1 suggested 'the zoo at 82'.
i would include something to do with your area too especially if you advertise on the car.

harrysgirl
02-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Ahh, I really like 'Little Gems' its sweet!

LeeAnn
02-02-2010, 05:00 PM
I like Little Gems

I chose Just like home because I hope that is what it is for my mindees

nell57
02-02-2010, 05:41 PM
I dont have a business name, but I like your Little Gems:thumbsup:

What is it you're unsure about in the name?

Beckieboo
02-02-2010, 06:46 PM
I also like 'Little Gems' i think it is catchy. I decided on 'The Playhouse', finally after writing lists of names!! :laughing: :laughing:

francinejayne
02-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I love Little Gems too! I'm thinking of having a name too - thinking of 'Jumping Beans' but again I'm not sure either!

loocyloo
02-02-2010, 07:16 PM
i don't have a name, just my own ! LOL !

am thinking about one, but nothing inspiring yet!

x

Pudding Girl
02-02-2010, 07:24 PM
I have a hatred of "Little ......." anything :blush: sorry!

If you like it though that's all that matters.

beccas
02-02-2010, 07:26 PM
i have along name that way when people google childminders or the area i live in i get hits.

safe 'n' sound childminding in wath.

jumpinjen
02-02-2010, 08:00 PM

Why do you hate little??:)

Pudding Girl
02-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Because everyone uses it, it's twee and I don't think it's very original :blush: see now you made me explain and someone will be along to slap me in a minute lol

guest3
02-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Mine's called "The Wendy House" for obvious reasons!
I haven't registered the name with Ofsted...do I need to? :panic:

Wendy xx

Hebs
02-02-2010, 08:41 PM
mine is Brighter Beginnings Childminding services

as every child deserves a brighter beginning

Carol M
02-02-2010, 09:00 PM
I just call myself

Kes
02-02-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm Little Monkeys.

TheBTeam
02-02-2010, 09:57 PM
I only use my name, and now dh and i use our names, I am too embarrassed to have a name:blush:

Hebs
02-02-2010, 10:03 PM
I only use my name, and now dh and i use our names, I am too embarrassed to have a name:blush:

why??? :panic:

Twinkles
02-02-2010, 10:07 PM
My Dh is registering at the moment and I'm toying with the idea of calling ourselves ' Family Day Care ' .

TheBTeam
02-02-2010, 10:13 PM
why??? :panic:

I am a funny old beggar and find it really hard to speak or say things that are my own making up iyswim, I can relay facts and figures confidently, but when it comes down to my own thoughts I get really embarrassed. I can not easily share work I have created from my own thoughts, I used to have a cb radio handle and was too embarrassed to use it! Just one of my funny little quirks!

If I create something for my own childminding business, I am okay with showing the policies to parents, but if a cm friend wants to see it I get really embarrassed, same with assignments for exams! I have no idea why because i get very positive comments and am more than capable, just not at all comfortable with it, in fact it makes me really squirm, apologise profusely and go red and hot!:blush:

Hebs
02-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Awwww bless ya x

Desi-101
02-02-2010, 10:53 PM
I like it! I haven't named mine at all how boring is that? Everyone calls me Dee Dee so thinking of Dee Dee's ha ha (tried to register on this forum as Dee but was refused as I didn't know one of the moderators is also Dee!!!):)

sonia ann
03-02-2010, 06:56 AM
I haven't got a name either as I found everything I thought of seemed a little "childish" for the 10 yr plus age group that come after school and during the holidays iyswim. So over the years "Sonia's Childminding" has just appeared on my paperwork until I can think of something better:)

georgie456
03-02-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm Lollipops Childminding. I chose it becaue it is my DD's nickname and i thought it had a nice ring to it.

vicki1
03-02-2010, 12:11 PM
mine is called messy hands childminding

whisper_1981
03-02-2010, 12:22 PM
I am little whispers ........

had some one moan at me asking me what the point of having a childminding name and y dont i just use my own name :( but in m opinion it is a business as well as a home so thought i would kinda seperate it and not use my own name ...... thats not the best way to explain what i mean but i donno how to lol explain what i mean sure u get what i am on about

Gizmo
03-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Dont have a name I dont know any of the cms near me that do. Everyone seems to say Joys house one of my mums says she likes that as its a happy place to be :laughing:

TheBTeam
03-02-2010, 01:06 PM
I like the Family Day Care, cos like it or not you end up minding the parents as well as the kids!

nannymcflea
03-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Mine got nicknamed "The Fun House" but a 2 year old mindee.:clapping:

whisper_1981
03-02-2010, 01:15 PM
think mine is close to being the nut house but dont think that will get the children in lol

It's a small world
03-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Mines my name :
Kerrie's Childminding ...as didnt know what else to call..not very good at things like that :blush: my picture is my logo.

whisper_1981
03-02-2010, 01:22 PM
i want to work on a logo but not sure what i can do for little whispers lol any ideas ?:)

Kes
03-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Mini whisper bars yumm. Or you could find a picture of two children with one of them whispering in the other ones ear.

Amaranth
03-02-2010, 06:54 PM
We are Totally Kids.
When dh registered and we started working together, using both our names was a bit of a mouthfull! so we decided to use a business name. We couldn't decide on a name so opened it up as a competition to the mindees parents :clapping:
They came up with loads of great ideas and in the end we put the best ones into a bag and picked out a winner. :thumbsup:

Monkey1
03-02-2010, 07:27 PM
We are Cheeky Monkeys Childcare. One of the local minders is ''little Gems''

LeanneC
03-02-2010, 08:02 PM
We're Mudpies & Lullabies

We play out and get all muddy making mudpies and stuff and I have babies who we sing lullabies too..... :idea:

Little Gems is cute i like it

diddledumplings
04-02-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm called Diddle Dumplings Childminding! I googled any ideas I had first to see how many nurseries/minders ect had the same name.

I wish I had chosen something else now though as I've had a few people ring up and ask "is this Diddle Dumpings" :laughing:

SparklingGems
04-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Thank you for all your responses. I think I might just keep the name for now and decide once Im registered.

Some of you have fanatastic names for your businesses.

I can see why people just want to use their names too. The only reason why I decided on a name was that I go to a baby group and there is lots of parents looking for childcare and I asked them to give me feedback on childminding and most of them commented that they would of liked them to have a name something fun so the children could relate to.

Im now going to have to design a logo :) easier said than done

SparklingGems
04-02-2010, 12:26 PM

The reason why I decided to use little as at the moment Im not going to have before and after school pickups and the children I have lined up are
all under 5.

SparklingGems
04-02-2010, 12:27 PM
We are Totally Kids.
When dh registered and we started working together, using both our names was a bit of a mouthfull! so we decided to use a business name. We couldn't decide on a name so opened it up as a competition to the mindees parents :clapping:
They came up with loads of great ideas and in the end we put the best ones into a bag and picked out a winner. :thumbsup:

I love your idea of getting the mindees and parents choose.

They have came up with a brilliant name I really like totally kids :thumbsup:

SparklingGems
04-02-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm called Diddle Dumplings Childminding! I googled any ideas I had first to see how many nurseries/minders ect had the same name.

I wish I had chosen something else now though as I've had a few people ring up and ask "is this Diddle Dumpings" :laughing:

I really like diddle dumplings it makes me giggle and it will definately stand out among other company names therefore you will be more likely to get the call :thumbsup:

SparklingGems
04-02-2010, 12:32 PM
i like little gems , its nice.
I spent weeks trying to think up a name. i liked curious caterpillars but a fairly close minder has the name. also muddy puddles , little robins , curious minds ,the tree house . I wanted something that reflected our kind of setting , we are usually found in the middle of sherwood forest! ds1 suggested 'the zoo at 82'.
i would include something to do with your area too especially if you advertise on the car.

Its so hard because it could be the thing that makes you standout to potentail parents. I love curious caterpillars and muddy puddles. I love your idea of reflecting the setting.

I have a nature reserve just down the road so may have to start thinking.

Im just not sure whether to change or stick :eek:

SparklingGems
04-02-2010, 12:34 PM
I dont have a business name, but I like your Little Gems:thumbsup:

What is it you're unsure about in the name?

I just dont think its very original I want something that will stand out on a page of names, something that will be fun for the kiddies and that I can have a logo that I can se to promote my business.

SparklingGems
04-02-2010, 12:35 PM
I love Little Gems too! I'm thinking of having a name too - thinking of 'Jumping Beans' but again I'm not sure either!

I really like jumping beans you could have lots fun making a logo :thumbsup:

Pudding Girl
04-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Problem with having a name reflecting your area/street/locality is what if you move?

Tam's Tribe
05-02-2010, 11:50 AM
I chose Tam's Tribe coz

1) my name is Tamara
2) I am from Africa originally (i have zebra print background on my letterheads, newsletters, business cards and
3) we are like a family i.e. tribe

cas2805
05-02-2010, 11:58 AM
mine is cbchildcare, which is my initials Caroline Brown, quite boring compared to all of you, but I think quite professional. I have tshirts and a fleece printed with my name on the back and even have a website of the same name!

Cazz
05-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Mine is "Little Petals Childminding".

Dh came up with it and I found a lovely logo of some brightly coloured flowers with happy smiley faces (cos that's what I want my children to have!)

I think Little Gems is fine.

WibbleWobble
05-02-2010, 02:52 PM
I like Little Gems....there used to be a great game my kids had where they had to collect rings i think against some cards...bit like a Lotto game but special. I also like Iced Gems too....sweets....yummmm

So thumbs up for little Gems!:clapping:

My business name?

It is Seedlings.

Like many here i looked at my provision for inspiration. We have a fully organic allotment and planting, sowing, digging, harvesting and then eating is all part of the service.

mandy x

KarenM
23-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Mine is Footsteps Childminding Services. It was going to be the name of mine and my friends nursery when we had one, but thought we'd start small. Wanted something to reflect the children's journey with us, and footsteps are always left behind as a reminder.

Jelly Baby
23-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Tiny Tots! due to no one near me having it really (you wait somone will have now!)
Love little gems btw keep it x

Trouble
23-02-2010, 07:40 PM
I love the zoo at 82:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Twinkles
23-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Dh is in the process of being registered too and we are calling ourselves 'Home from Home ' childminding.

I know someone on here has that username but they don't live in our area. Our logo is a crayon drawing of a house.

Sarah Louise
23-02-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm Sarah's Little Angels. With a logo of an angel drawn with triangles and circles.

Decided on it in a rush because needed to order uniforms when my assistant started and wanted logo to go with it and also domain name www.sarahslittleangels.co.uk was free.

michellethegooner
24-02-2010, 01:12 AM
we're called Magical minds, let mindees decide a few yrs ago, it is kind of double meaning came up with it cos 1 of them used to say my house was magiacl :laughing: & obviously the minds came from minding also I like to think they leave here having learnt alot, and nearly all kids have magical minds :thumbsup:

Blaze
24-02-2010, 03:55 AM
Dh is in the process of being registered too and we are calling ourselves 'Home from Home ' childminding.

I know someone on here has that username but they don't live in our area. Our logo is a crayon drawing of a house.

Snap...TWINKLES You're NAUGHTY - it's MINE!:D

Twinkles
24-02-2010, 07:43 AM
Oh no !!! Blaze I didn't know :panic:

Back to the drawing board then *sigh*

Blaze
24-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Oh no !!! Blaze I didn't know :panic:

Back to the drawing board then *sigh*

I've PM'd you:thumbsup:

Carpet Monkeys
24-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm going for carpet monkeys childminding .... trying to think of a logo to go with it!

Winnie
24-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Problem with having a name reflecting your area/street/locality is what if you move?

I didnt have a name for the first 16 years of childminding but then we moved here and our home already had a name that sounded right - Homing Cottage :) so we became Childcare at Homing cottage. My business will have a name change if i ever move again- which is unlikely.

Pipsqueak
24-02-2010, 10:22 PM
i am The Monkey House Childminding