PDA

View Full Version : sorry need help with crying LO

newandlearning
02-02-2010, 01:55 PM
hi.. have had a lil 2yo for a month and a half and everyone time he comes to me he cries for mum the first half the day, he only eats snack type finger food and needs help with lots of things.. and also wants me playing with him a lot...

all the latter things would be fine if soo much of my time wasnt taken up with consoling him every time he cries and its making me feel sad ...

I know some LOs need a lot of support leaving mum but wondered if anyone can offer advice.. am beginning to feel like our bonding is waivering as he's soo upset... whenever I talk to him he hardly makes eye contact .. Help please!!

sarah707
02-02-2010, 06:08 PM
It's very hard when they cry a lot and if you're anything like me you worry about it!!

Have you talked to parents? Does he seem happy getting ready to come to you in the morning? Is there a problem at home?

Is he easily distracted or does he carry on crying regardless of what's going on around him?

Is it affecting other children?

only you know if the child hasn't settled and you need to give notice or not.

Hth :D

newandlearning
02-02-2010, 09:50 PM
from what I gather he cries in the morning about not wanting to come to me because he wants to stay with mum.. she has to carry him to me crying and then cries at various intervals during the day saying to me 'make me happy' ...
I'm going to try some different things this week to see if I can help him feel better and hopefully something will work.:(