PDA

View Full Version : Help I feel like im drowning

SparklingGems
02-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Ok im feeling very confused at the minute.

Can anyone offer any advise to help me get my head around this.

Ok So I do planning- Long term eg topics- birthdays- calendar events.
Group planning and individual planning
Then I need to show how im going to incoperate my next steps would these go into my individual planning.

Now I need to do a learning journal- to put inside the childs all about me sheets, any pictures they do, photos obs or wow moments with just a post it note or small link to eyfs.

Then I need to do seperate obs showing how they cover 6 areas of L&D link to dev matters and evaluate them. (how much do I need to take from the eyfs grid) do i need to include dispositions and attitudes?

Have I missed anything important I need to do or does this sound correct any pointers would be great as Im still pre reg Im just getting my head around stuff. So I have evrything ready when my crb comes through

LittleAcorns
02-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Just bumping this up and hope you get lots of helpful responses (I need one or two hints with this aswell :D )

SparklingGems
04-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Bump again

anyone got any ideas?

sarah707
04-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Yes, long term planning is usually for the group... I have a file of long term planning which I use and update / change etc every year.

You can build it up as you go along, month by month.

Individual planning then shows -

How you use long term planning for each child. So child A is learning to use scissors and can cut out his own Chinese lantern but Child B needs a cut out version. Both will enjoy gluing and sticking but Child B doesn't like getting his hands messy so you meet his needs by... etc;

How you plan for the child's needs from interests, comments from parents, info from other settings etc.

Individual plans are also informed by your observations so these should come first.

Does that make sense? :D