PDA

View Full Version : Another question

lady boss
12-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi everyone,

So sorry i have more questions to ask.
When dropping off my daughter at school, there are lots of parents who are aware i have just become registered. (i have been putting out the word for weeks while registration was in progress. )

There are a few parents who have shown interest in me picking up their children after school.
I said to them that as soon as i am registered i will be in touch.
Now of course i am registered and very lucky to have already got a 1yr old to start minding. I also have a lady who may want me to have her 4month old.
These would both be full time.
I now am thinking if i have two full timers i dont really want to be taking on after schoolers, but i am very soft and feel bad saying no to these parents. My question is...What can i say to get out of it? I guess i should be honest, but i just feel awful as i have been spreading the word for weeks and feel i will be letting them down.

Sorry to babble so much x

Banana
12-03-2008, 09:31 AM
I would be honest and just say that while you are finding your feet and have the little one's to get used to and settle in that you arent going to be taking any afterschoolers for a while so that you can get into a routine.

They havnt paid you so its not like you are bound to have thier children. Just explain your circumstances

x

avril
12-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Be honest take their details and see if there is another childminder who picks up from the school at least you will still be helping them.

Avril x:)

anneriddington
12-03-2008, 09:33 AM
I only have pre-schoolers at the moment, any enquiries I get that need before and after school I apologise and say thet I am full at the moment. Like you I don't need to get into the school run thing but when my eldest mindee starts school in Sept 09 I will change my policy as if I am there anyway I don't see it as a problem.

Its your business - you choose your hours!:)

Glad to hear you have filled your places.

angeldelight
12-03-2008, 09:36 AM
I would be honest and say you have little ones at the moment

you really do not have to explain your self too much its your business so its up to you at the end of the day

Must say though that the children I collect after school are brill - although its a pain doing the school run with the little ones im glad that I also have the older school children it breaks the day and its so nice to have a conversations sometimes even if its only a child ha

Good luck

Angel xx

lady boss
12-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Ah thanks everyone,

I have said yes to one lady who has an 8 year old girl, as she just wants wednesdays and i did promise her a long time ago. I just don't want to be taking on all these others as they may take one of my full time spaces and like you say i want to settle the babies and get on my feet.

I must say this is all so overwhelming, i am constantly printing off welcome packs and everything seems to be moving so fast. Not complaining though!!

Thanks again for all your good advice ladies, i dont know what i'd do without this lovely forum x:)

sarah707
12-03-2008, 10:45 AM
It sounds like you are likely to be a very busy lady! :D