PDA

View Full Version : planning for under 2s

rachelle
01-02-2010, 07:55 PM
I do a fornightly individual plan based on last 2 weeks obs but have also started planning an adult led activity for each day that is available - eg tomorrow morning is normal trip to rhyme time and then I've planned indoor water play for afternoon - is this too prescriptive? Water play will include current interests - eg emptying and filling containers and cars and won't be compulsory but not sure if I've gone too far in doing daily planning...:rolleyes:

sarah707
01-02-2010, 08:27 PM
It's really down to what works for you and the children you have at the moment.

if you are following interests by planning water play and water play is available for children to use if they wish, then there's no problem with that!

If you are then extending it to support children using capacity etc then great! :D

rachelle
01-02-2010, 08:32 PM
lol - thanks Sarah. Struggling with a balance between too little / too much.

Capacity would be good but I only have under 2's! We're enjoying pouring and filling and stacking!

sarah707
01-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Capacity would be good but I only have under 2's! We're enjoying pouring and filling and stacking!

That's teaching children about capacity!

So many people make PSR&N complicated and it really is that simple! :D

Andrea08
01-02-2010, 09:00 PM
That's teaching children about capacity!

So many people make PSR&N complicated and it really is that simple! :D

we do it all the time... just dont think that what we do IS covering an area like "PSRN"

It took me ages to get my head round the way EYFS splits up what we do everyday.... its realy so mrs Ofsted can see why you are doing something and what effect it has on the children... we have been working this way for years just never wrote it down or thaught about the why's and when's etc...

your doing good hun xxx