PDA

View Full Version : washing

mammumof4
01-02-2010, 07:44 PM
anyone ever been asked to do mindies weekly washing? would you? :rolleyes:

FizzysFriends
01-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Is that a joke?

I haven't been asked and no I wouldn't do it anyway but would give them the phone number to my ironing lady who would do their laundry.

mamasheshe
01-02-2010, 07:47 PM
personally no i wouldn't but if they saw my washing pile they wouldn't ask !!!!!!

mammumof4
01-02-2010, 07:50 PM
for an extra 20 quid a week??

ORKSIE
01-02-2010, 07:54 PM
:eek: No!
I have enogh with a DH, 2 teenagers and me:laughing:

Pudding Girl
01-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Depending on the situation and the money I might consider it yes. Not sure how it'd be logged for HMRC purposes though?

daisyboo1980
01-02-2010, 08:01 PM
when i was a nanny yes but not now

Mouse
01-02-2010, 08:05 PM
anyone ever been asked to do mindies weekly washing? would you? :rolleyes:

Do you know what, I've often though this would be a good business idea! I know how easy it is to get my washing done during the day and often wonder how I'd do it all if I worlked out of the house.
For the right money I'd happily let them drop the washing off with the kids & have it ready for them when they went home.

I would draw the line at ironing it. No amount of money would get me to do that!

TheBTeam
01-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Do you know what, I've often though this would be a good business idea! I know how easy it is to get my washing done during the day and often wonder how I'd do it all if I worlked out of the house.
For the right money I'd happily let them drop the washing off with the kids & have it ready for them when they went home.

I would draw the line at ironing it. No amount of money would get me to do that!

Strictly no pants though!:eek: :laughing:

Tatjana
01-02-2010, 09:10 PM
No way!!! It's bad enough doing all our stuff, there's no way i'd be taking on more.:panic:

xx

miffy
01-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Strictly no pants though!:eek: :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Miffy xx

Lou
01-02-2010, 09:49 PM
I have heard it all now!!!!:eek:

Whats wrong with these people???? Would they like you to clean their house while they are at work too????

little chickee
01-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Depending on the situation and the money I might consider it yes. Not sure how it'd be logged for HMRC purposes though?

I think i might too. Washed and dried (not ironed!) for say £10 a load.

westbrom44
01-02-2010, 09:59 PM
I can honestly say I wouldnt have time. I do my own washing in the evening and iron it at the weekend. I wouldnt have time to look after children and do washing and ironing.

mammumof4
01-02-2010, 10:01 PM
it must be hard for working parents who work all hours! ive been asked to do all sorts in the past! :D not sure what to do yet, i think i will say no, i have enough on my plate :eek:

SparklingGems
02-02-2010, 09:17 AM
I might wash a childs clothes if the got really dirty and I changed them into their spares say from playing ion the garden etc but thats about it. WE dont get paid enough to do laundry aswell.

Pipsqueak
02-02-2010, 09:21 AM
only ever been asked in a joking manner. I have been known (as I'm sure all of us have) to pop mindees clothes through the washer if they have gotten that bad.

I would be charging a fair bit to do a proper weekly wash but on the other hand I would be thinking if you want a housekeeper then blooming well employ one.

angeldelight
02-02-2010, 09:22 AM
it must be hard for working parents who work all hours! ive been asked to do all sorts in the past! :D not sure what to do yet, i think i will say no, i have enough on my plate :eek:

Yes but YOU are also a working parent working all hours too

Would you ask a parent to do your washing ? I think not ? :laughing:

Angel xx

The Juggler
02-02-2010, 09:38 AM
only ever been asked in a joking manner. I have been known (as I'm sure all of us have) to pop mindees clothes through the washer if they have gotten that bad.

I would be charging a fair bit to do a proper weekly wash but on the other hand I would be thinking if you want a housekeeper then blooming well employ one.

I do wash mindees clothes when I put on their spares too, that way I know I still have a spare set. sometimes if I send the dirty ones home I don't ever get another spare set back!

angeldelight
02-02-2010, 09:40 AM
I do wash mindees clothes when I put on their spares too, that way I know I still have a spare set. sometimes if I send the dirty ones home I don't ever get another spare set back!

Snap same here :laughing:

xx

MarpleJollytots
02-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Doing mindees WEEKLY washing !!!!!!? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Alibali
02-02-2010, 01:42 PM
If we are minding the children while their parents are at work, that means we are working more hours than them! Doing the washing should be easy enough for them to do themselves.

I certainly wouldn't do it as my lo is in real nappies, definitely a parents job to wash them:laughing: :laughing:

Bitsy Beans
02-02-2010, 01:50 PM
No way would I do their weekly washing :eek: It's hard enough getting my own families stuff washed and dried.

Why not employ a cleaner to do it? Or is it perhaps their hourly rate that puts people off :rolleyes:

I can't believe people have the nerve to ask - no wonder childminding doesn't get treated like the profession it deserves when they want services like that aswell.

wendywu
02-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Horses for courses. Get the right person to do the job.

And we try to promote ourselves as a profession, not a Jack of All Trades :angry:

Bananabrain
02-02-2010, 02:37 PM

Yeh , but childminder's lives are hard and we also work all hours! Not only do we have to care for the children,but the daft parents too.:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

mama2three
02-02-2010, 03:56 PM
no way. My wash mountain is enough for me! and it just keeps growing , especially at this time of year. Cant wait for summer to get things washed and dried much easier.