PDA

View Full Version : WHAT A CHEEK!!!

polly0
01-02-2010, 07:02 PM
One of my parents told me that she has booked 6 swimming lessons for her son who i mind, he is 2. She told me she can only do 4 can i do the other 2:panic: I told her probably not especially if i have other children. (Dont always on a thursday but i really dont particulary like swimming and the thought of getting undressed in this weather:panic:

Anyway today i was talking to a parent in the playground about a running group that has started up and my mindees parent was stood with me, i asked the parent if they could change the running group to a thursday and mindees parent butted in with (its swimming that day):angry:

I didnt get what she was on about at first but then i realised that she thought i was arranging something on a thursday which would interfere with me going swimming :angry: (:censored: cheek)

mammumof4
01-02-2010, 07:05 PM
we are childminders. not alowed to have a life!!:D seriously though it does make me mad!:angry:
tell her no if you dont want to do it!

FizzysFriends
01-02-2010, 07:09 PM
She wants you to go in the water with them:eek: I would be doing that under no circumstances at all :panic:

I do take mine to swimming lessons but I just sit and watch.

polly0
01-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I am so rubbish at being direct and just saying NO:eek:

I start making excuses up instead. I am more annoyed about the fact that she booked these lessons expecting me to do it without even asking me first:angry:

Would'nt mind i didnt even receive an xmas gift off her even though i bought all her kids and i dont even look after them all :p

FizzysFriends
01-02-2010, 07:12 PM
I am so rubbish at being direct and just saying NO:eek:

I start making excuses up instead. I am more annoyed about the fact that she booked these lessons expecting me to do it without even asking me first:angry:

Would'nt mind i didnt even receive an xmas gift off her even though i bought all her kids and i dont even look after them all :p

Text her now, tell her you have been thinking about the logistics of swimming and you are unable to do it.

Trouble
01-02-2010, 07:13 PM
tell her you dont like swimming end of !!!:angry:

polly0
01-02-2010, 07:19 PM
I know i should, but I have my other mindee Thursday so i won't be able to anyway (she doesnt know this yet):laughing:

I would'nt mind but my New Years resolutions was to say NO:eek: more often, but I am so rubbish at it. Some parents I have no problem but i find her very overbearing and she doesnt let it go. Although she did asked me to have him overnight once on a weekend whilst she went to a family party, i said NO:clapping: :clapping:

mumof1
01-02-2010, 07:55 PM
o that makes my blood boil :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tatjana
01-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Wow, didn't think for a moment you'd actually be expected to get in the water too!:eek: :panic:

xx

polly0
01-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Oh Yes!!! I wouldnt mind this woman has a nanny too:censored:

miffy
01-02-2010, 09:57 PM

Wonder why she didn't ask the nanny then?

Very rude of her to assume you'd do it without asking.

Miffy xx

polly0
01-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Her nanny is foreign and over here for a year i think, not sure if they are only allowed to work so many hours.

suzyblue
02-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Just tell her your sorry but you are unable to do it! No explanations needed!

Chatterbox Childcare
02-02-2010, 10:23 AM
I would tell the parent that due to having other children you cannot go into the water with the child but you would be happy to take mindee if there was someone there to meet you

You cannot leave the other children unattended whilst you are swimming!

Alibali
02-02-2010, 01:33 PM
I bet that the nanny ends up swimming, you might get that day off:thumbsup:

The Juggler
02-02-2010, 01:47 PM

:angry: :angry: :angry: why didn't she ask the nanny and why is child with you if she has a nanny! some people have more money than sense! not that I'd want you to lose the work of course;)

Bananabrain
02-02-2010, 03:08 PM
I would have said that I don't take the children swimming due to health and safety issues. The closest we get is water fountains/squirter thingies in the park in summer.
I thought after nearly 3 yrs, things parents did/said wouldn't shock me anymore. But most weeks I'm left with my jaw on the floor!
What with swimming and the other post about doing mindees washing,like someone else said; no wonder childminding isn't treated like a proper job.
I don't suppose that for one minute the other children you care for would have crossed her mind.
Stunning!:angry: