PDA

View Full Version : Stranger Danger?

Hebs
01-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Do you ever cover stranger danger with your mindees???

beccas
01-02-2010, 06:55 PM
i did at the network i run and the local community police came and talked to the children and also showed them a dvd, they also gave all children a cert and a colouring sheet but on the other side is a poster, i cant scan it in otherwise i would, it just has a pict of a man offerin sweets and a girl walking away and underneath it has red crosses saying.

never go with a stranger
never take thing from a stranger
never get in a car wth strangers
never go off on your own.

then next to green crosses

always play with other children
tell your parents where you are and who your with
if you are lost the police will help you
yell as loud as you can, run away and tell someone you trust if a stranger comes up to you

i also printed out picture of people who are helpful and i asked the children to draw what they think a stranger looks like.

i also linked this with road saftey. which igto local council to come out with zebra crossing set.

sarah707
01-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Yes! When we read 3 little pigs, Hansel and Gretel, Goldilocks etc.

Little man aged 2 1/2 comes back from pre-school shouting 'stranger danger go away' at everyone when they've done it there! :laughing:

Hth :D

mushpea
01-02-2010, 07:16 PM
I have done and still do as i have a child that will happily walk up to a stranger and start talking and now the younger sibling has started to copy , the younger sibling isnt old enough not to no to go with strangers though.

Hebs
01-02-2010, 07:36 PM
thanks sarah never thought of those books,

i'm wanting to do an activity day during half term, anyone know any good sites??

Alibali
02-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Yes, I had one child in particular who would talk to anyone and would quite happily go with someone if they spoke to him.

There is a stranger danger book in the Duchess of York series that Lloyds sell, we use this one - the children learn about the word stranger and have to repeat it often, so are all familiar with it.