PDA

View Full Version : February planning... trying something a bit different!

jumpinjen
01-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Please have a look and tell me what you think, and whether any of you do this too... I actually have no idea how it will work yet!!

http://little-blossoms-childminding.blogspot.com/

Thanks, Jenni

balijay
01-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Jen this is really good -well done! I have been impressed when you have given advice on planning to others on here before and I could really do with following your lead as I am pants at planning :laughing:

Where do you get your brill ideas from? x

sarah707
01-02-2010, 06:56 PM
That's interesting... so you are focussing on one area of L & D for the week and doing obs on each child in that area?

Presumably you are going to write up any wow moments that you spot from other areas of L & D at the same time??

Is it because you have concerns about a child's PSED or does it just fit well with Valentines Day and love and family bonds etc?

I am intrigued :D

francinejayne
01-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Ooh it sounds wonderful! Can I come to your house and you can look after me?!?!

HomefromHome
01-02-2010, 07:01 PM
That's interesting... so you are focussing on one area of L & D for the week and doing obs on each child in that area?

Presumably you are going to write up any wow moments that you spot from other areas of L & D at the same time??

Is it because you have concerns about a child's PSED or does it just fit well with Valentines Day and love and family bonds etc?

i feel another ebook in the making!!!!!!!!!:D

jumpinjen
01-02-2010, 07:05 PM

i was going to plan activities around feelings and relationships because it fitted with valentines and then i went on the training day and I realised that my obs are a bit haphazard.... I write narrative obs on lovely amazing things that i see the little ones achieving but don't really know if I am missing any areas out by doing it this way.... i was intrigued by the ideas at the training and thought I'd give it a whirl; so far i have found several up-to-date sources of info on SEAD, including the card from EYFS and the Penny tassoni book and I'm reading up! It has been interesting today how much more i have noticed in this area because i am watching for it specifically, I am hoping that I will have some inspiration for ways to support them further!

Yes I am still noting down WOW moments! I use them for my next steps planning on a day to day basis so not ignoring everything else!!

Can't be more specific than that; i will have to report back ina couple of weeks with how it worked!!!!:D

jumpinjen
01-02-2010, 07:07 PM
i feel another ebook in the making!!!!!!!!!:D

Yes LOL, how does Sarah even find time to childmind in amongst being superwoman!!??:laughing:

Winnie
01-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Interesting- i for one will be following your progress on taking a different path to observations :) . I'm not sure i have the discipline to keep on track, although I must admit it can be difficult to cover every area equally- i have a chart of the areas i tick off as i observe so i can see if i'm missing observing any one area. I can not wait for the next installment :thumbsup:

Pudding Girl
01-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Your blog is really interesting, thanks for sharing it with us all. I love the idea of writing special things about the child in the hearts and talking about them, fab way to boost their self esteem :thumbsup: consider it nicked :laughing:

jumpinjen
01-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Your blog is really interesting, thanks for sharing it with us all. I love the idea of writing special things about the child in the hearts and talking about them, fab way to boost their self esteem :thumbsup: consider it nicked :laughing:

Good... that is the idea of the blog!! if you like it, you can subscribe to the posts as I write them on the right hand side of the blog screen, then they will come to your computer (the little bit with the star on) when there is something new!!

Plus I'd like some blog friends so i don't look such a norman no mates out in blogland!!

jen x

Beckieboo
01-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Brilliant Blog! I will also be interested in this new way of obs, i will be following its progress!!

Andrea08
01-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Yes LOL, how does Sarah even find time to childmind in amongst being superwoman!!??:laughing:

silly its because she is superwoman xxx and she finds extra hrs in a day :D

Twinkles
01-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Jenni once again I am inspired by visiting your site. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas.:thumbsup:

jumpinjen
01-02-2010, 08:37 PM
:blush: :blush: :blush:

RainbowMum
01-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Facinating! thanks for sharing - I struggle with obs and tend to waffle I think, may give this a go! I think I subscribed to posts and tried to be a follower but it did nothing when I clicked that one?

jumpinjen
01-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Hi!

Click on the box 'posts' under the heading 'subscribe to',
Choose Atom at the bottom,
a separate window will open up with a yellow/cream box in it.
click 'subcsribe to this feed' and it will be done!

Thanks, Jenni:)

Silly me, yes i see what you mean..., you seem to have to havea google account to be a follower.... erm, not techie enough to know how that works, anyone help?

jen :huh:

miffy
01-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Jen, thanks for sharing your ideas - very interesting and I'll look forward to sharing your reflections :)

Miffy xx

Lady Haha
01-02-2010, 11:20 PM
I got that book 'The Crayon Box that Talked' for our 'Its ok to be different' theme here and we did the same thing as you are planning - making up a packet of crayons that the children have made. Only each of my mindees had their own crayon which they coloured in and then we stuck a photo of them on it. I loved the end result so much it's still up in the hall way for parents to see!

It's such a good book too as all my mindees were able to grasp the message it was giving!

I went to subscribe as well, but got caught out on the google bit too!

Love the hearts idea too! I will also be nicking it for valentines day!

jumpinjen
02-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Ah google, schmoogle, i'll just have to keep posting links in here!!

I'm thrilled the book works with little ones..... I'm reading the I love you the purplest tomorrow and making the hearts up!

thanks, Jen:)