PDA

View Full Version : i need to do some serious planning!!

mammumof4
01-02-2010, 06:15 PM
:eek: had a nightmare of an afternoon!!:crying:

my 13 month old new starter came at 5.30 am so ive been up a longgggg time.
the day went well, a little hectic as i had a gas leak!!!! thats another story!! i collected my own 2 from school (4 and 7) and my after schoolies (4 and 6) and have spent the best part of 3 hours shouting :blush: "dont do that!pick that up! stop arguing! get of the table!!!!" ect ect.
then dad decided to collect 13 month old almost an hour early! the house was a tip, toys all over the place, my 4 year old was screeming for sweets! the 6 yr old minded child was running round like a headless chicken with my 7 yr old! i couldnt find mindies coat, hat,book, ect.
was trying to tell dad about little ones day but not sure he could hear me, im now left feeling like i havent done my job properly, what must he have thought.
ive noticed alot of posts like this in the last few days, do you think ceebebies have brainwashed school age kids!! :D
i know what th answer is, i need to plan some activities that will amuse all ages :eek: HELLLLPPPPP MEEEEEEE PLEEESSSSEEEEEE!!!!
do i get my books out or go to bed?? :laughing:

jumpinjen
01-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Go to bed (after cleaning up!!!!) It will look better in the morning!!

Tomorrow you can pull together ingredients to cook something after school with them.

Try a few ground rules and enforce them for a few days?? Like not running in the house and putting one toy away before another comes out?

You could challenge the older ones to build the highest lego tower or something?

Sorry if these are pants ideas.... i don't have afterschoolies at the mo and wee don't watch cbeebs at all during the week as I do think it is a bit brain washy!!

jenni:)

mammumof4
01-02-2010, 06:37 PM
haha!!! we dont hav th tv on either, i just had visions in my head that something had happened to all the kids because thre has been alot of us moaning latley! :idea: haha!!
calmed down a bit now, rang my other half to have a moan and he calmed me down a bit.
and my 12 yr old has tidied the toys away!:clapping: i am loved after all :D

sarah707
01-02-2010, 06:49 PM
I have activities for the after schoolies to keep them busy every day.

They usually have a snack, do a bit of craft, help make food, get out jigsaws, read comics, make Hama beads, play with the little ones, take it in turns to use the computer etc.

There is always a theme running in the background but it's very flexible and up to them if they want to chill or join in.

This week we are looking at songs and rhymes and putting together a scrap book (thanks to Emma for the idea) for the little ones.

So tonight they decided on their favourites, wrote some out, got some pictures off the internet to colour, made a hand print spider each to use as a puppet for Incy Wincy...

And ate tea :D

patevans
01-02-2010, 06:52 PM

They usually have a snack, do a bit of craft, help make food, get out jigsaws, read comics, make Hama beads, play with the little ones, take it in turns to use the computer etc.

There is always a theme running in the background but it's very flexible and up to them if they want to chill or join in.

This week we are looking at songs and rhymes and putting together a scrap book (thanks to Emma for the idea) for the little ones.

So tonight they decided on their favourites, wrote some out, got some pictures off the internet to colour, made a hand print spider each to use as a puppet for Incy Wincy...

is this meee?? Have I actually planned something good for a change lol???

jumpinjen
01-02-2010, 06:57 PM

This is so levly that the older ones make things for the litle ones... what great way for them to understand and love littler children!

jenni

mammumof4
01-02-2010, 06:58 PM
we are doing "all about me" and its going great, we drew around each other on friday on a spare wall paper roll and added clothes, fav things ect. just need to finish the 4 yr olds, they do join in but quickly loose interest! in perticular if the phone rings, the door knockes, god forbid i give someone else some attention kind of thing
and its def a case of showing off when mum/dad, other mindies mum/dad arrives!!!

sarah707
01-02-2010, 07:04 PM
is this meee?? Have I actually planned something good for a change lol???

Yes inspired by you! :D