PDA

View Full Version : 5 under 5?

loocyloo
01-02-2010, 06:04 PM
do you think ofsted would give permission for a variation for 5 under 5, where one child is at preschool, making it 4 under 5 with me, and then, within 30 minutes of picking that child up and getting home, one of the other 4 is collected, taking me back to 4 under 5?

ie - ABCD arrive at 8am. A goes to preschool at 9am. E arrives 10am. collect A 12.00midday, E collected 12.30pm

i already have a variation for 4 under 5, but it looks like everyone will want a tuesday morning come april, and i have a sibling starting! :panic:

i'm starting to go a little bit mad trying to work out all my ratios, but i think it is do-able every other day (as long as i have 4 under 5 variation!)

just a thought...if i don't charge mum whilst child A is at preschool, and therefore don't have him 'on my books' and see if i could pick him up at 12.30, would that work? maybe still asking for 12.30-12.40 to have 5, to cover me, rather than a general 5 under 5 thing?

Curly Quavers
01-02-2010, 06:08 PM
You can only ask

good luck.

sillysausage
01-02-2010, 06:09 PM
No, Ofsted will only grant variations for 4 children under 5's unless you have an assistant and are requesting to have additional children when the assistant it present.
Sorry!

loocyloo
01-02-2010, 06:18 PM
i do have an assistant and can double my numbers, but we would both prefer her not to work during the school day !

but i am sure i was once told that in circumstances such as collection & drop offs, with permission/variation, and obviously not going over total numbers, it is possible?

mushpea
01-02-2010, 06:18 PM
I know somone who had a variation for 6 under 5's once, she had 2 of her own children, then the child she minded went on maternity leave so she charged the parent a retainer each month for the chlid and baby then in the mean time she took on 2 more children to replace the ones she was getting the retainer for the she applied and recived a variation from ofsted so she could have all 6 although i think the eldest was going to school shortly after.

Not sure i would want that many though:eek:

The Juggler
01-02-2010, 06:23 PM
my old childminder used to have 5 after my children left - 2 of her own, her grandson and two children she minded.

loocyloo
01-02-2010, 09:59 PM
:idea: think i've sorted it, and will, at all times only have 4 under 5 !!!

after a chat with the mum of child that gets picked up at 12.30, have arranged that i will drop child home on my way to preschool to pick other child up at 12.30 (with mum arranging for her child to do longer hours at preschool). talked it all through with a childminding friend, and she thinks its ok! i won't charge whilst the child is at preschool, and won't have him if no preschool!

so now it will be ABCD arrive at 8am. A goes to preschool at 9am. E arrives 10am. drop E home 12.20. collect A 12.30.