PDA

View Full Version : Possible new mindee what to charge ????

Juddster
01-02-2010, 02:03 PM
I have a parent coming later to discuss the possibility of their child starting with me. Their child goes to a different school to the one i do pick ups so she is looking at putting them in the after school club and i will have a couple go at 4 before going out to collect them at 4:30. I am not sure what time she needs me till but to go out to get one child just for an hour say 3 days a week seems not worth my while but i cant afford to turn work down. I have had a talk with other childminders one said charge petrol on top another said boost up my hourly rate. Just wondered what others would do ? I charge £3.50 an hour.

Tatjana
01-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Have a minimum charge of 2 hours...I have a minimum of 3 hours.

xx

Spangles
01-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Sorry I've not had experience of this but I think you should have a minimum weekly charge for a minimum amount of hours if you see what I mean?

For instance, you could say that your minimum hours to work a week is 10 hours each contract so even though the child may be at yours 3 hours you would charge a minimum of 10 hours? Does that make sense?

This is just a thought, I never did this and regretted it immensely but I know a few others on here do it this way.

Give it a lot of thought though as you don't want to lose the work I guess.

xxx

balijay
01-02-2010, 06:57 PM
What Tatjana said. Have just taken on an after-schooler who I am collecting from after-school club at 4.30pm. I am charging for 2 hours even though he may only be with me for 45 mins.

Juddster
01-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks so much for your ideas it has made me feel more confident to stand up and make it more worth my while instead of being the softy i usually am.