PDA

View Full Version : New playhouse arrived today!

Mcgons
01-02-2010, 01:19 PM
The kids are so excited! Just need to paint it now before it get's built though, can't rely on having a few dry days up here so doing it in garage!

Anyone got any photos of theirs to share for some inspiration? It's the Barley Sugar one from Mad Dash, anyone got one?

Buzz Lightyear
01-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Oooh will have to go and search yours, really want one!!! :thumbsup:

Awwww wow... just seen it! It looks gorgeous and very reasonably priced too! Think I might be purchasing one of those... lovely :D

little miss chatterbox
01-02-2010, 01:48 PM
i really really really want a wooden playhouse! I'm soooooo jealous!

I don't have the space though although we can make space! I'm trying to work on hubby though to spend the money to get the work done!

georgie456
01-02-2010, 02:08 PM
We also do not have the space, but my council are giving local cm's £300 to spend on outdoor things at the moment! I think I will have to have a look at a wooden playhouse!!

Lady Haha
01-02-2010, 06:49 PM
I am planning on getting a playhouse before summer hols. Can I just ask you, or anyone else reading, a question!

My mindees are all schoolies, aged between 5 and 9 and sometimes I have up to seven of them. I am thinking these mad dash playhouses might be a bit small for them! It will be more like a 'den' to them anyway.

I was thinking of getting a shed to use as a playhouse instead! What does everyone think?

FizzysFriends
01-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I am planning on getting a playhouse before summer hols. Can I just ask you, or anyone else reading, a question!

My mindees are all schoolies, aged between 5 and 9 and sometimes I have up to seven of them. I am thinking these mad dash playhouses might be a bit small for them! It will be more like a 'den' to them anyway.

I was thinking of getting a shed to use as a playhouse instead! What does everyone think?

I think a shed would work. I have a full size playhouse because my DD is very tall and couldn't stand up in the child sized ones.

mamasheshe
01-02-2010, 07:13 PM
we made a Wendy house it has an upstairs it is white with red windows and a red door i love it xxxxxxxxx

Buzz Lightyear
01-02-2010, 07:14 PM
You made one? Wow :clapping: Pictures, pictures!!

mamasheshe
01-02-2010, 07:17 PM
You made one? Wow :clapping: Pictures, pictures!!

well i say "i" i really mean dh will put pictures on when work out how to we worked out it would be a lot cheaper to make than buy and dh is a bit handyxxxxxx

little miss chatterbox
01-02-2010, 07:20 PM
wow i want to see pics of the handmade one too!!!

mamasheshe
01-02-2010, 07:44 PM
can't work out how to do it will try later we are very proud

helenlc
01-02-2010, 07:57 PM
We (ie Hubby) built a playhouse. It is bigger than average and we did it for the same reason - my 2 would have outgrown the kiddie ones really quickly. I also figured that when they are older, they can use it as a den/hide out.

I will add pictures of ours tomorrow too.

A shed would look fine or what about a summer house? A summer house would have more glazing at the front so would look less like a shed and allow more light in.

Mcgons
01-02-2010, 08:58 PM

It will be a bit small for those ages. It seemed quite small today when it arrived compared to what I had in my mind, I just need to remember it is for the kiddies and not me!:laughing:

I saw some reasonably priced summerhouses on my search though that might be a better option as someone else mentioned, but can't remember where.

miffy
01-02-2010, 09:25 PM
That's really nice and a good price.

Nooooooooooooooooo, I mustn't spend any more money :panic:

Miffy xx

Lady Haha
01-02-2010, 11:09 PM
We (ie Hubby) built a playhouse. It is bigger than average and we did it for the same reason - my 2 would have outgrown the kiddie ones really quickly. I also figured that when they are older, they can use it as a den/hide out.

I will add pictures of ours tomorrow too.

A shed would look fine or what about a summer house? A summer house would have more glazing at the front so would look less like a shed and allow more light in.

Yes, I looked at summer houses too, but don't think I could stretch to one of those! But, like you said, it would let a lot more light in and would look alot less like a shed than a shed would!:laughing:

primula
01-02-2010, 11:55 PM
How about a tent or teepee!

Lady Haha
02-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Just got the new Argos catalogue and there's a summer house int here for 379.00 I think it was, which is roughly what I was looking at paying for a playhouse anyway!

We have a 'real' dome tent that I put up in the garden for them, but I wanted something I could decorate and maybe put carpet in etc, to make it more like a den/chill out space.

Thanks and I hope your play house lives up to your expectations when it's up! And YES, it is for the mindees, not you!!!:laughing: