PDA

View Full Version : please help on a good car for childminding!

newandlearning
01-02-2010, 12:33 PM
hi...

I'm having quiet a bit of bother finding a decent car.. don't know why :) ...

have had to take my Zafira back and am wondering what everyone else drives
and what you would all recommend as a good car..

I'm sorry for re-asking this question .. I just can't find the old threads telling this information ...

any help would be great.. thanks everyone.xx

sfox2003
01-02-2010, 01:06 PM
I too am looking for a 7 seater so will be interested to see what people recommend.

miss mopple
01-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Previa all the way here :D Love it!

We were thinking of chopping in for a Zafira but my heart just wont let me as my previa is soooo reliable :clapping:

TheBTeam
01-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Previa and grand voyager are good for the boot space and slightly older previa have 8 seats. Both have sliding doors which is great too.

Roseolivia
01-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Why are you returning your Zafira?? I'm getting one on Monday.

newandlearning
01-02-2010, 03:49 PM
hi.. I bought the zafira that had a prob that they couldnt fix so am taking it back..:)

I've been told that Renault Grand Scenics can be a good car as long as you get a reliable one.. so really I think I still want a zafira as I can't afford a toyota :(

twinkle3005
01-02-2010, 04:46 PM
I drive a Ford Galaxy and it's fab. Loads of room and I can fit an umberella fold double buggy in the boot space. The Seats come out as well so it's great for collecting bulky items.

I'm selling mine shortly as I'm down sizing because my eldest is at Senior school so I don't drop off anymore and I know I'm gonna miss it.

(Will be advertising it on here when I've chose my next car.)

loocyloo
01-02-2010, 05:34 PM
i've got a toyota verso. 5 seats, with 2 pop ups in the boot. not much room for anything when 7 seats are in use, but it doesn't happen that much, so i deal with it! lots of childminders my way have them! i love it. toyota are so reliable.

i used to have a hyundi trajet. lots of room, but i didn't like it at all! felt like a big lumbering bus!

x

AvrilMJS
01-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Kia Sedona.

I had to hunt months before I got one. You can alternate the seating in some of them. My friend has a Citreon thingy with the seats that fold into the floor and she now hates seeing me offload the kids from the sliding doors :laughing: and she is considering one herself. I also needed something big as I also have another business so needed something I could take the seats out of.

Mcgons
01-02-2010, 10:01 PM
We have a Ford S-Max - only smaller 7 seater that could fit the out n about nipper double buggy into with all seats in use. It's been brill. Was thinking about bigger MPV's as thought sliding doors would be good but then someone referred to one as a 'mum bus' so that was the end of that! Drove a Merc coupe before so didn't want a huge car!

nannymcflea
01-02-2010, 10:04 PM
I have a Fiat Ulysse.

It's a 7 seater, all full size seats, the rear 2 come out completely, the second row outer seats are ISOFIX. The airbag turns off in the passenger seat.

It has sliding side doors and with all 7 seats up can fit an umbrella double buggy and picnic stuff in the boot.I can get in the boot and put kids in, theres lots of room.

Most important for me is it's 5* crash protection.:thumbsup:

Blackhorse
01-02-2010, 10:04 PM
I only have experience with my zafira and it is phantastic.

it fits all my seats I need for the kids and I really enjoy driving it.

a lot of the bigger ones were out of budget for me and I also was not sure whether they would be too big for me...(my previous car was a peugeot 106...so tiny!!)

not much help...sorry

suzyblue
02-02-2010, 10:17 AM
I had a galaxy but found the seats a pain to take out (fiddly and heavy) as my own children are grown up and most have left home I dont always want all the seats up. Found it quite expensive to run too. I now have a vauxhall Zafira and I like that it is quite a small 7 seater and that the seats easily fold down into the floor. Much better on petrol too. I dont need to get a pushchair in the back with all seats up so the limited space is not an issue for me. Schools walking distance. Have you looked a the Mazda 5? Its quite a small 7 seater with sliding doors. Im not sure what the seats are like for removing though.

FizzysFriends
02-02-2010, 11:51 AM
I think a tank would be best for childminders!

Noodles
02-02-2010, 12:42 PM
I have a mazda 5 and love it although like all small 7 seaters not a huge boot and the sliding doors are a must they are great. I had a zafira a few years ago and hated it as the bench seat in the middle row is so inconvenient when using the back 2 seats

newandlearning
02-02-2010, 01:50 PM
hi.. thanks for all your replies .. I can't afford to get a really big car so am thinking of getting another zafira as I've got quite an affection for the one I've
got.. I quite like its compactness and want a car that won't be too juicy :)

Shar
02-02-2010, 01:51 PM
I have just traded in my Zafira for a newish Toyota all singing all dancing Previa. It's like driving a spaceship!! It's great, loads of boot space with 7 full size seats. Sensors are a must as it's big and quite thirsty with petrol. I don't mind coz it's a sexy 7 seater, if that's possible. :laughing: Every little helps.