PDA

View Full Version : The New Breakfast Club at School *sniggers*

Lady Haha
01-02-2010, 11:37 AM
I went to the breakfast club this morning with my son. All my before schoolers started there today too. They were all soooooo excited about going as was my son! Well! We got there and you could almost feel the disappointment in the room :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It was okay, they had breakfast and a table set up with colouring and play doh etc at one end of the hall, but the way the school had 'sold' this club to the kids must have left them all sooooooo gutted at how rubbish it was:laughing:

I must admit, even I was looking forward to going as they had provided us all with a menu last week which included bacon sandwiches at a pound, so I thought 'ooh, thats cheap, I'll have one of them!'.......it was HALF a sandwich with cold bacon in it:mad: :laughing:

Saw one of my ex (as of last week) morning mindees there and he is always in a world of his own and would forget his own head given the chance. I had to remind him he'd left his book bag at the breakfast table when he went off to do colouring and then he left his hat on the bench when the bell went. I decided in my sheer evilness, not to call him back for it, so that the parent will get so fed up of him losing stuff, she will send him back to me!

I was looking forward to having mornings with my son and maybe even sending him to the club sometimes, but I don't think it's going to be happening for very long!!!:laughing: :laughing:

helenlc
01-02-2010, 11:39 AM
I take it you were writing that post with a smile on your face??:D

The parents obviously thought the grass was greener but may live to regret their decision.

I hope you will take them back graciously!!!:laughing:

flora
01-02-2010, 11:42 AM
I am old enough to know that the grass is rarely greener :D

Enjoy your time with your son :D

Lady Haha
01-02-2010, 11:44 AM
I take it you were writing that post with a smile on your face??:D

The parents obviously thought the grass was greener but may live to regret their decision.

I hope you will take them back graciously!!!:laughing:

I have tears of laughter streaming down my cheeks!!!

Hebs
01-02-2010, 11:46 AM
I have tears of laughter streaming down my cheeks!!!

oooh i'd amend my fees too :p

ha ha ha ha ha

all my older mindees have at one point been to an after school club, (before i was reg) and they hated it

i wonder why????

Mouse
01-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Our breakfast club closed down after the initial high numbers dropped rapidly. They announced on a Friday that they wouldn't be opening anymore. No notice, no warning. You'd never catch a childminder doing that, would you ;)

That weekend there were some frantic parents trying to find childminders for the Monday morning.

julie w
01-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Naturally when they ask for you to take him back your fees will have gone up lol:D

Twinkles
01-02-2010, 01:04 PM
The old saying 'You get what you pay for' springs to mind :rolleyes:
Definitely put your fees up if they come grovelling back !

TheBTeam
01-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Our bc shut because of suspected fraud, the said would open up with new staff, that was september and it is still shut!

jelly15
01-02-2010, 01:30 PM
:laughing: This thread has made me laugh, good enough for the parents who scrimp on child care, serve them right.

caz3007
01-02-2010, 02:24 PM
All of my afterschoolies have come to me via the local after school club and hated it. So lets hope your schoolies come back to you soon

loocyloo
01-02-2010, 06:14 PM
we've had a letter come home from junior school today saying they are thinking about a breakfast club - to run 8.00-8.40, £4.00, to include cereal & toast and 'suitable activities for before school' (whatever they might be !!!)

luckily other than DS, my juniors are afterschool only, but my infants have younger siblings, so would still have to come to me to drop them off!

Desi-101
01-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Needed a good laugh and reading this was good :ROFL1:

cuffleygirl
02-02-2010, 08:12 AM
My local school has a breakfast and after school club - my business has never been better!

They don't offer holiday cover - I do - but I suspect I'm busy 'cos I'm more fun!

Also kids can have enough of the school environment six hours is quite enough!