PDA

View Full Version : What paperwork for older children?

pinky33
31-01-2010, 08:45 PM
I am hoping for some advice please.
We have a 6 and 10 year old starting 2 days a week for 2 hours a day and aprt from usual contracts, child record forms and permission forms, what other paperwork needs completing for them as they are older?
I'm guessing that observations dont need doing on either of them?
What about daily diaries/scrapbooks etc?
Planning?

Looking forward to some help!!!:panic:

green puppy
31-01-2010, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't worry about daily diaries as they are old enough to tell parents what they have done. Still plan around their interests and I would do a scrap book with photos, art work etc that they can help put together themselves.

Jessicasmummy
31-01-2010, 10:32 PM
i have a 6 and a 7 yr old, i dont do obs but they enjoy doing scrap books and having photos added to them. i also include wow cards just as i do with smaller ones just because they love it!

pinky33
31-01-2010, 10:51 PM
i have a 6 and a 7 yr old, i dont do obs but they enjoy doing scrap books and having photos added to them. i also include wow cards just as i do with smaller ones just because they love it!

Can you explain to me please what Wow cards are? Not come across these as yet. Are they just for older chidren?

Jessicasmummy
31-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Its obs on children off all ages, when they do something that makes us say 'wow' eg.. put their shoes on for the first time, showed initiative, tried a new food.. anything really. Originally i planned to use them just with the little ones and put them in their learning journeys linking them to the eyfs but the older ones are so pleased to have them too.
i cant provide a link on here because im still a basic member :( but if u private message me i can email u them and u can have a look.

Looby Lou76
08-02-2010, 04:17 PM
My older children love having a scrapbook that they can add photos/art work into. I let it go home at the end of each month with them so that parents can see what they have been doing... as let's face it even though they are old enough to say what they have been doing often they don't. My 6 yeor old doen't do anything at school... ever:laughing:

MAWI
12-02-2010, 09:53 AM
I give them all a scrapbook when they start but I dont have any input into it. Its thiers and they can put all their artwork in and show Parents when they want to.
I occasionally give them a questionnaire and when they start with me I give them an 'All about me 'to complete with favourite subjects at school and hobbies. Once thats done at beginning I dont really do anything else apart from provide activities that theyre interested in of course

Chatterbox Childcare
12-02-2010, 11:53 AM
I think you will find that the 10 year old with find this boring.

I don't have anything for my after schoolers if they are here for only 2 hours. All they want to do is come in relax and play games. I don't record any of it anywhere apart from any photo's that I take of their crafts go to them via email.

If you did paperwork Ofsted will not be interested. I do have the required paperwork in place though.

monkey62
09-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Its obs on children off all ages, when they do something that makes us say 'wow' eg.. put their shoes on for the first time, showed initiative, tried a new food.. anything really. Originally i planned to use them just with the little ones and put them in their learning journeys linking them to the eyfs but the older ones are so pleased to have them too.
i cant provide a link on here because im still a basic member :( but if u private message me i can email u them and u can have a look.

I was wondering if I can have a look at a sample of ''wow cards''. I have send you a private message. Thank you