PDA

View Full Version : Would you report....

Kelly
31-01-2010, 08:09 PM
I think I know the answer to this, but felt i wanted to run it by you guys. I recently saw an advert in which someone I know advertised as a childminder, well it wasn't really an advert it was an bit in a school auction in which she offered an auction lot for 1 days childminding in childminders home. I asked a few childminding friends if she was registered, all of whom said they didn't think so, I have waited a few weeks just in case she had just gone throught the process, but last week another childminder asked her if she is now registered and she said no.

Its like this, she lives in a really small village and has AT LEAST a full quota of children she would be allowed if she was registered, so all the parents must know she isn't registered. There is only one other childminder in the village (not me) who am sure will get the blame if I report her (this is one of the reasons that childminder has not reported her) She lives in a housing association house, so won't have asked for permission to mind from the house, is getting paid cash in hand and not declaring any of it and probably claiming child benefits she wouldn't be entitled to if she was declaring her income. To top it all her sister is a childminder so she knows exactly what to do.

I am really tempted to report her and not even tell my friend, hopefully they will think it someone else from the village!!!!

I know i should just report her, but who do I tell? Ofsted?

Blaze
31-01-2010, 08:12 PM
I would report her to OFSTED if it was me - if something happened to a LO & I hadn't reported her, I couldn't live with myself!

Gizmo
31-01-2010, 08:16 PM
I would report her too

Blackhorse
31-01-2010, 08:50 PM
I would report her to Ofsted and if I felt particularly good that day even to the tax authorities!

helenlc
31-01-2010, 09:07 PM
She lives in a housing association house, so won't have asked for permission to mind from the house,

Dont jump to conclusions on this one - I live in a HA house and did ask permission from them when I started out. They said that as long as my childminding didnt affect/disturb my neighbours, then I was fine to do it in this house.

But in regards to the bigger picture, yes report her.

Kelly
31-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Dont jump to conclusions on this one - I live in a HA house and did ask permission from them when I started out. They said that as long as my childminding didnt affect/disturb my neighbours, then I was fine to do it in this house.

But in regards to the bigger picture, yes report her.

I was thinking that as she hadn't bothered to register as a childminder, she wouldn't have bothered to ask if she could have permission to mind from the house, I'm sure if she asked she would have no problems.

I know I want to report her, do I have to have ALL the facts or just her name and address?