PDA

View Full Version : urgent need advice please

mushpea
31-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Hi my partner is ill, he came home from work at 7am this morning and has had sickness ever since, he has not been downstairs at all today and wont be tommoro so will have no contact with any of the children and i am sleeping on the sofa cause i dont want it so i have had and will not have contact with him,

question is

can i work tommoro?

zillervalley
31-01-2010, 03:42 PM
tricky, if he stays upstairs you should be ok, you may never get whatever he has, so you could be off for nothing

ziller

TheBTeam
31-01-2010, 03:44 PM
If I was you I would, you have risk assessed and taken precautions so if you have no symptoms, then I dont see a problem.

mushpea
31-01-2010, 03:44 PM
its funny but normally when he gets ill or my son gets ill i dont get it but if my daughter gets ill then i am garunteed to get it,, strange or what??
the funny thing is i was thrown up on twice in one day this week and am still ok yet he who didnt even see the child is now ill??
what a funny ol world

jumpinjen
31-01-2010, 03:47 PM
I would say that it's ok.... when that happened with my husband, i took extra precautions like cleaning the bathroom round sveral times a day and washing my hands extra times, washing children's crockery and cups separate to family ones, until he was definately better! And making sure that your hubby uses a towel just for hima dn is really careful about his handwashing all the time so he doesn't leave bugs on door handles/ banister etc!!

jenni:)

The Juggler
31-01-2010, 03:47 PM
why don't you tell the parents and give them the choice. explain how you are minimising the risks to the children. hopefully they'll see you're doing your best to keep him isolated.

wendywu
31-01-2010, 03:49 PM
If he has no contact with the downstairs and you then i can see no problem and just work as normal.:)

mushpea
31-01-2010, 03:49 PM
I would say that it's ok.... when that happened with my husband, i took extra precautions like cleaning the bathroom round sveral times a day and washing my hands extra times, washing children's crockery and cups separate to family ones, until he was definately better! And making sure that your hubby uses a towel just for hima dn is really careful about his handwashing all the time so he doesn't leave bugs on door handles/ banister etc!!

jenni:)

Luckily I have 2 toilets so he has the one upstairs and the kids use the one downstairs , they all have their own little hand towels,, I keep making him bleach the one upstairs everytime he goes cause i want no contact with him, poor bloke gotta suffer on his own, trouble is if i have time of work the mortgage wont get paid:eek:

wendywu
31-01-2010, 03:52 PM
I would just work, i cant see the problem. Just pretend he is the man living in a flat above you. :laughing:

mushpea
31-01-2010, 03:58 PM
I would just work, i cant see the problem. Just pretend he is the man living in a flat above you. :laughing:

sometimes wish he was the man living in the flat 10 storeys above me:D

its actualy the begining of a weeks hols for him so they wouldnt no the difference anyway , I will keep him away from the kids tommoro though