PDA

View Full Version : Tax free allowances

Heaven Scent
30-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Can anyone please confirm the tax free allowance for the following years I'm all confused

2007 -2008

2008 - 2009

2009 - 2010

Thanks - I'm not too good with thyroid and can't function - meds up the wall at the mo and not well at all. So just cant get my head around anything!!!

ajs
30-01-2010, 03:14 PM
sorry no help at all
he really is useless today

The Juggler
30-01-2010, 03:16 PM
check the inland revenue site should be on there, it's over £5k i think

sarah707
30-01-2010, 03:28 PM
07 -08 - £5225

08 -09 - £6035

09 - 10 - £6475

Hugs xx

Chatterbox Childcare
30-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Gosh I hope you have done 2007-08 before or a big fine is looming if you owe amy tax

sarah707
30-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Gosh I hope you have done 2007-08 before or a big fine is looming if you owe amy tax

Heaven Scent's hard drive has gone kaput! :(

ORKSIE
30-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Hope you feel better soon celest xxxx

Heaven Scent
01-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Thanks Sarah - I was sort of aware of 07/08 but not exact figures - I'd a rough idea of 09/10 but the one inbetween was a complete mystery to me :panic: :panic: - I was feeling so unwell and in such a panic getting all my accounts onto DH's laptop and I just seemed to home in on the fact that I didn't know and panic'd and just had to know (symptom of when thyroid not functioning properly - well it is for me) - I got my tax return in with time to spare - it was a miracle - believe me. I've remembered milage etc I didn't include but it wouldn't have made much difference as my profit was low anyway as I made a huge loss in the first year as it was less than 6 mths then I made a loss again in the first half of the second year and only just scraped a profit in the second half so it was low enough to keep me below the threshold - I did put all my income in and even remembered to include the 3 sitters baby sitting I did but not sure that one of the three fell within that year because info was on my comp - I have the first two in my Diary but no sign of the 3rd but know I did do them all before mid April when T started and A came back on Fri & Sat nights. I don't think it will matter that much as I declared it and it was within their minimum hours so I knew how much I earned so I'm happy with that. I even remembered to claim the mileage - I felt that if I have to declare it on my return then I can claim the mileage - they were all quite far from home.

Now that that is over and out of the way I am going to concentrate on getting my thyroxine levels sorted and hope that PC world can recover my info from my hard drive - first place I took it to couldn't so I don't hold out much hope but I just can't let myself panic until I know for sure that it is gone - then I'll have to save up my ****** to pay for forensic's to deal with it - yuk I've been given different prices from different sources they range from (what I am now conditioned to believe is) so little as £500 to in excess of £1,000's :panic: :panic: that will be a worry so I need to pray for PC world to do their magic - its a snip at £99 (plus the 70 for the hard drive that DH had to buy for them to download the info onto - a bit of a swiz really - they don't mention needing anything when you call to make enquiries!!!):panic: