PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if taking on too much ?

Mel09
30-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just need some reassurance please ! I currently have 2 children under 2 for a couple of days a week, I have been asked to take on another 1 year old so will have 3 under the age of 2 for one of those days. I am worried about getting them out and about and what happens when I have to go out the room to put one to bed etc....... but I am coping fine with the 2 so I am sure it will be fine ???!

As it is I can't seem to escape the house as their naps and lunch etc... seem to take up most of my day, I also have a couple of after school kids so I am going a bit stir crazy being stuck in. But I suppose another 1 year old won't change that. Anyone else had 3 under 2 and did you find it was ok. I am having a trial period anyway.

beccas
30-01-2010, 10:29 AM
i had 3 under 2 lastyear and it is exhausting i bought a buggy pod and made sure i got out the house to meet other minders or they came to my house that way i always gauranteed adult conbversation at least once a week!!!

jelly15
30-01-2010, 11:24 AM
I have 4 under 2.5 on my books (three at a time). I put reins on them before we leave the house and go in the car. Then when we get to playgroup it is easier to get them out of the car as we are always linked and they can't run off.
Sometimes we go for a walk and the youngest 17 mths is in the pushchair with the two older ones holding on to sides and reins attached for extra safety.

Also like beccas I have a CM friend over a couple of times a week.

patconn2
30-01-2010, 12:33 PM
I have had this a couple of times and although it is exhausting I loved it. We got out to toddler group every week and we had to pick up and drop of at school every day. Have a double buggy and one on reigns, once the were all good enough at walking they took turns to be the one to walk.
I had them all eating and sleeping at the same time as well, by pure luck I might add! So I always had at least half an hour to an hour to get myself together after lunch ;)

Mel09
30-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks everyone, I am sure it will be fine once I have got going ! :)

westbrom44
30-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Hello. I had 2 x 6 month old babies and a 2 year old and found it fine. I am registered to have 2 children under 12 months.

I usually have 3 under 3s most days and a couple of after school children. I go to playgroup a couple of times a week and various other places and find it physically hard more than anything.

I am sure you will be fine.

Best wishes.