PDA

View Full Version : Routine Inspections?

allinatiz
11-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Hiya.

Can anyone please tell me what Ofsted mean by routine inspections? As I registered in October I am waiting for my first inspection but have seen a few posts saying that routine inspections are being put on hold between April and September.

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether I would be classed as a routine inspection? I don't suppose it matters really but I'm on tenterhooks every time I hear the phone ring now and I almost want it to so I can get it over and done with. But then again I think maybe it would be better, as I have had no B23 training, to be inspected after I have done my EYFS training and then I might just sound like I know what I'm talking about! :)

sarah707
11-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Most childminders are visited every 3 years or so as a matter of routine. I think this is what people mean :D

button68
11-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Hiya.

Can anyone please tell me what Ofsted mean by routine inspections? As I registered in October I am waiting for my first inspection but have seen a few posts saying that routine inspections are being put on hold between April and September.

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether I would be classed as a routine inspection? I don't suppose it matters really but I'm on tenterhooks every time I hear the phone ring now and I almost want it to so I can get it over and done with. But then again I think maybe it would be better, as I have had no B23 training, to be inspected after I have done my EYFS training and then I might just sound like I know what I'm talking about! :)

I was wondering exactly the same after I read that on Shnakes thread:o

berkschick
11-03-2008, 10:03 PM
I was told in January that I would have an inspection in March but I havent heard anymore.

A friend had her inspection last week and she was told that there wont be any routine inspections between April and September because of the EYFS training OFSTED will be recieving.

So I dont know if they will come in the next couple of weeks or not for months :panic:

Twinkles
11-03-2008, 11:26 PM
I know so many minders who have their inspections booked in the next week or so. OFSTED are trying desperately to get as many as possible done before April.

bubbly
12-03-2008, 07:33 AM
My situation is EXACTLY the same as your's allinatiz. We even got registered at the same time. I'm waiting for The Phone Call but whether it'll happen before Sept is uncertain.

P.S. I'm doing my B23 training this Friday

Teresa
12-03-2008, 07:45 AM
i asked at our eyfs training about inspections any that are due in nottingham will be seen b4 sept, so we have to work to b23 which isnt any help to me since i have had no training on tht either and when asked about it they are not doing anymore here.