PDA

View Full Version : dinner disagreament - what would you have done

Blackhorse
29-01-2010, 05:35 PM
ok LO 6 years loves tuna pasta.
I told him on the way home we will have it. So he was really excited and happy about it. I dont make it very often but every so often I dont mind

anyways, I made it and he eat a couple of spoonfulls and then stopped saying he had a sore tummy. So I was ok you dont have to eat it and asked if he was ok...said yes he wants desert.
So I thought he made up the sore tummy to only eat desert although he wouldnt usually do it.

so I said you shouldnt eat anything else especially oranges or kiwi as they are acidic as you tummy is sore. he then said his tummy wasnt really sore.

but it was sore at school so I said no desert if you have a sore tummy.
he tried to argue to have desert anyways and then he said his tummy wasnt sore anymore so I said well then you can finish your food??
he said no he didnt want it. I said but I asked you in the car and you said you really wanted it....he said only because the others might like it.

he got upset about it a bit (he easily gets upset about everything and according to his mum he turns on tears to get out of having a conversation he doesnt like) so I said he doenst need to be upset but I would like him in future to tell me what he wants and what not so I know before I cook. He kept asking for desert and I said no we dont get desert when we dont eat our food. (as I was convinced he only stopped eating to get more desert....)
and I dont want to start this type of behaviour.

But after a while I felt really mean and gave them a little pot of yoghurt. But not the actual desert (fruit platter) they would have usually had and which is what I think caused this all.

Am I mean? or too strict?

I dont mind if LOs dont finish their food or if they are full and dont want anymore. that is perfectly fine. What I dont like is a net of excuses and made up stories as to why they cannot eat to get something else.

If he would have said to me: I dont want tuna pasta today I would have made something else probably coz I dont mind
Or even if he would have said I had enough I dont really like it today or actually now that I have it I dont really want it...that would have been ok and I would have still given him the desert he wanted.
but what annoyed me about it was the longwinded stories and kind of making up things. nearly lying.

what do you all think????

Blackhorse
29-01-2010, 06:04 PM
actually never mind

he just vomited all over me and my hall.

he made up that he didnt like his food he usually loves as he didnt want to admit how sick he felt.

so I am glad I never gave him anymore desert etc. probably shouldnt have even given him his joghurt

francinejayne
29-01-2010, 06:12 PM
aw bless him! they sometimes don't realise how sore their tummy is in my experience!

TheBTeam
29-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Ah, well being ill wasn't one of the get outs I was going to suggest!:eek:

It's a small world
29-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Bless I had to smile. It's hard to tell if they are pulling a fast one but guess in your situation he did have a poorly tummy:o good job you didn't force him to eat his tea or give him a big desert :o

Alibali
29-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Oh bless, I guess he couldn't identify that he was feeling sick. Hope no-one else gets the bug.

Tatjana
29-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Oh dear!

x

flora
29-01-2010, 09:11 PM
ooops, hope lo gets well soon :thumbsup:

Gizmo
29-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Oh dear hope the lo is ok, I bet it will be a while before you make tuna pasta again

Trouble
29-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Hope he gets well soon:thumbsup:

SimplyLucy
29-01-2010, 09:26 PM
I had thame with a 6 year old last week.

I made homemade chips with sausages and beans and he ate 2 chips. Not like him so encouraged him to eat a little more, which he did then told me he was full. He then proceeded to throw up all over the chair, table and floor! :panic:

I felt mega guilty for making him eat more chips!

FussyElmo
29-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Children gotta love them - I sometimes think they do it on purpose just to make us feel guilty. Or is this me being why too cynical :rolleyes:

Pudding Girl
29-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Hope you aren't beating yourself up, it'sr eally hard to tell sometimes - Peter and the Wolf anyone?!! :rolleyes:

newandlearning
29-01-2010, 10:40 PM
oh dear.. I'm a feeling for ya :) ..

.. at least by not eating you know its not your culinary expertise.:group hug:

Chell
30-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Bless him, my DD was similar last week when she had the sickness bug. She wasn't sure whether she wanted to eat or not. I had a feeling she wasn't 100% and persuaded her not to finish her dinner (it was curry so not ideal if poorly).

Five mnutes after dinner she threw up!!!!! I had the same bug on Sunday. In the morning I felt the same, I couldn't decide if eating would make me feel better or worse. I was then very sick too.

Hope his bug doesn't last long, five of my family ended up with it.

Blackhorse
30-01-2010, 08:38 AM
well I caught it and so has dp.
we have been up most of the night...

together with throwing up was feeling rotten and being absolutely cold....that under a blanket and snuggled into a hot water bottle.

I feel slightly better this morning and am hoping that that was it.

I havent had as many things and bugs etc since I became a cm!!! i used to always be healthy even through the longest winter!!! aaaaargh

The Juggler
30-01-2010, 08:55 AM
well I caught it and so has dp.
we have been up most of the night...

together with throwing up was feeling rotten and being absolutely cold....that under a blanket and snuggled into a hot water bottle.

I feel slightly better this morning and am hoping that that was it.

I havent had as many things and bugs etc since I became a cm!!! i used to always be healthy even through the longest winter!!! aaaaargh

just think of the immunity you are building up though - next winter you'll be immune to everything:laughing:

seriously hope you are feeling better soon and poor you sounds like horrendous bug.

miffy
30-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Oh Nicole, this thread made me smile - think many of us have been there with a child not eating - until I got to your last post......................

Hope you're feeling better very soon

Big Hugs

Miffy xx

LOOPYLISA
30-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Oh bless lo

Hope you and hubby are feeling better soon x

Blackhorse
30-01-2010, 10:50 AM
thanks for your posts...

still feeling rotten, but whereas DP can lie on the bed and do nothing I have to look after dd who luckily is well!!

I am hoping, that this first cm winter will boost our immune systems...although I though mine was already quite good, but obviously has no chance against all the kiddi bugs!!

I am meant to finish building the chicken coop and make it fox proof today so that we can go get them tomorrow....maybe after imaginary lunch as I dont feel like eating anything right now!

Alibali
30-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Oh what a shame, hope you recover quickly.

Hats
31-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Hope you're feeling better.

H
:) :)

Blackhorse
31-01-2010, 06:06 PM
I am better thanks...felt better in the morning already dp is still suffering though!!