PDA

View Full Version : Max. age on travel cots???

aly
29-01-2010, 05:29 PM
I've never really thought BOUT THIS but this thread someone asks what childminders do with sleeping tots etc...a few said travel cots, but someone mentioned that they are only up to 2.

Now I put B in the travel cot and she is 2 and a half, this (http://www.1stbabyshop.co.uk/catalogue/travel-cots-playpens/2869.php) is the travel cot we have...

it says up to 24 months or when they start climbing.....now B doesnt climb out of it.....is it true that I could be invalidating my insurance?????

This is the thread.
http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/lifestyle-8/work-study-childcare-44/378340-where-do-kids-sleep-childminders.html#post4081526

cuddlybunny38
29-01-2010, 05:31 PM
I dont have that make but same style, I till recently put my 2yr 3mth in it but she climbs out now so dont, didnt realise otherwise.

aly
29-01-2010, 05:38 PM
I didnt realise either...not sure if it's because B listens as she doesn't climb, maybe id feel different if it wasanother mindee but i dont have any other apart from school age.

This cot is much bigger than normal cots so maybe thats why??? btu i didnt realise about the age thing.

Merry-Minder
29-01-2010, 05:44 PM
When I had my Ofsted inspection I was told to just make sure the room the cot was in was safe and risk assessed, so if lo did climb out they were still safe.

loocyloo
29-01-2010, 05:45 PM
i pretty much use my travel cots until they are physically too big for them! and generally by then, they have given up a daytime sleep, or have a quick 1/2 hour on the sofa!

have never had anyone (yet!) manage to climb out of a travel cot!

aly
29-01-2010, 07:31 PM
i pretty much use my travel cots until they are physically too big for them! and generally by then, they have given up a daytime sleep, or have a quick 1/2 hour on the sofa!

have never had anyone (yet!) manage to climb out of a travel cot!

this was my thinking too...am glad im not the only one then.

:thumbsup:

carlen222
29-01-2010, 08:58 PM
im with you guys, and as long as the room is safe in the case they do crawl out i dont see the problem. ill need to check my cot to see what it says, did you find the info on a label?? as i dont remember any instruction leaflet with mine, its a mamas and papas sleep or something xx

The Juggler
30-01-2010, 08:33 AM
this was my thinking too...am glad im not the only one then.

:thumbsup:

me too :blush: I have a boy turned 3 last sat who still prefers to sleep in his 'blue bed' than on a spare bed or the sofa. I have asked him but he likes it and ,as yet, is not too big.