PDA

View Full Version : nearly set my house on fire!

Helen Dempster
29-01-2010, 05:02 PM
It could only happen to me!

My mornings are the worst part of my day, so hectic. Anyway, I was sorting out lunch before morning pick up from nursery. To cut a long story short, I left a pan of veg and potatoes cooking on the hob - completely forgot about it before I left home :blush:

I remembered with a jolt when I got to the nursery and was waiting in line to go in - it's a car journey away, so couldn't run back even if I wanted to. I was worried sick all the time on my way back, and kids were on a go-slow!

Finally got home and I could hear the smoke alarm going off, but a man from the waterboard stopped me on my way in about some checks they were doing.

When I finally got inside, there was smoke everywhere and a very burnt saucepan! Thank GOD there was no fire, but it stank.

Anyway, a positive did come out of it, cos we had a fire evacuation test and I was able to record it :D

Won't be making THAT mistake again though!!!!

Winnie
29-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Oh my goodness :eek: bet that did stink! glad it wasnt worse though.

newandlearning
29-01-2010, 05:30 PM
oh my word ... sometimes is real easy to forget things ... good to hear you got a really good role play out of it :D

Zoomie
29-01-2010, 05:51 PM
OMG, that smell ....

Reminds me of when I went out with my mum years ago.

We came home to see smoke bellowing out of the kitchen window ....

Mum had left a pot of fish for the cats on the stove, cooking away ....

It had been in an aluminium pot which had melted to the stove :eek:

Managed to air the house but we were confronted by the smell of burnt fish for weeks thereafter. Everytime we opened a cupboard / draw :eek: :eek: :eek:

Everything had to be washed and it took us weeks to get through the whole house (all clothes, linens, curtains, carpets)

W

ORKSIE
29-01-2010, 05:58 PM
The smell of burnt veg:panic:

So glad your ok:thumbsup: