PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help with a job description please?

2kidsunder5
11-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi

I need to do a job description for my NVQ3 CCLd and have no idea where to start or how to go about it. I have posted on another thread bu only got one response and although it was funny I can't use it. :)

Can anyone please help me:panic:

Diane x

nell57
11-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi hun not sure what you mean is it a question in one of the units, sorry for sounding a bit dumb

Helen

sarah707
11-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi

I need to do a job description for my NVQ3 CCLd and have no idea where to start or how to go about it. I have posted on another thread bu only got one response and although it was funny I can't use it. :)

Can anyone please help me:panic:

Diane x

Well the 'chief bottle washer' at the end was funny - the rest was supposed to be serious.

Perhaps if you tell us the question you are trying to answer?

2kidsunder5
11-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Hi Helen

No it's not a question in one of the units. It's something that my assessor says I need to put in the front of my file.

I am sure someone has previously asked the same question but I have searched ths and the old forum and can't find the thread.

Diane x

miffy
11-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Don't remember having to do that for mine although I know it varies a lot from assessor to assessor

Are you sure she didn't mean a CV - I remember doing that

Other than that I can only suggest something along the official lines - you have to be registered because you care for children who are not closely related to yuo for more than etc etc OR ask your assessor

Sorry not a lot of help

Miffy xx

angeldelight
12-03-2008, 06:53 AM
Sorry Diane unsure what you mean

Like Miffy suggests I think you mean a CV is that correct ?

Angel xx

angeldelight
12-03-2008, 06:53 AM
Or when you say a job description do you mean what you offer as a childminder ??

Angel xx

susi513
12-03-2008, 09:59 AM
This is what I came up with for one of my courses.

Registered Childminder
Job Description

OBJECTIVE

To provide a safe, warm and caring environment where children feel welcomed and loved and are able to learn & develop at their own pace, with guidance and supervision as appropriate, in order that parents may have peace of mind to go to work knowing that their child’s well-being is paramount.

RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES

• To listen to parents as experts on their own children, to respect families’ traditions and childcare practices and to follow parents wishes as closely as possible within the context of caring for children from several different families.

• To plan and provide activities and resources appropriate to each child’s age, stage of development and individual needs & interests.

• To provide a safe environment, both at the childminder’s property and on outings and to teach children safe practices

• To maintain discipline and encourage positive behaviour.

• To be aware of the signs and symptoms which indicate the possibility of abuse and to be aware of the current procedure for reporting concerns.

• To provide a varied, nutritional menu with due regard to the dietary requirements of each child and current professional recommendations for children’s diets.

• To provide a healthy environment and to encourage children to make healthy choices.

• To liase with and, where necessary, to seek advice from professionals with due regard to confidentiality, including Preschool Leader, schoolteachers, Health Visitor.

• To adhere to the requirements set out by relevant authorities, including Ofsted, South Cambridgeshire District Council’s Environmental Health Department, Inland Revenue, the insurance provider(s), and the Fire Officer.

• To comply with legislation such as that covering with health and safety, food hygiene, fire or planning requirements and to keep appropriate records with due regard to confidentiality.

• To follow the National Standards for Under 8’s Daycare & Childminding

===
NB the last bit will need to be replaced with EYFS.

HTH

nell57
12-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi Helen

No it's not a question in one of the units. It's something that my assessor says I need to put in the front of my file.

I am sure someone has previously asked the same question but I have searched ths and the old forum and can't find the thread.

Diane x

I've not been asked that, am half way through my nvq, but my assesser is coming today so will ask her.

Helen

nell57
12-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi Diane
Well my assessor has just been and I showed this thread. She did say she did'nt need me to do it and that because my nvq is being ran through the local authority shes ok that she knows my job description without me having it write it down.
Sorry this maybe is'nt much help and does'nt answer your question, as it looks like it is a personal assessor thing in your case. What has been posted before looks good though

Good luck with your nvq, how far are you into it

Helen:)

2kidsunder5
12-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Hello again.

Yes it does seem to be something that not all assessors ask for and yes it is a job description and not a CV :(

Thanks for the brilliant info susi513, it's a great help!!!

I started my NVQ in October and have so far done 7 units but only 3 have been signed off. It has been hard work and a little unfair to be honest. For the first 6 units I had to do reflective accounts and they got to be so repetitive - then just as I finished the 6th unit my assessor said everything had changed and from now on we were not to don any more reflective accounts!!!! Most of it will be done by observations, answering questions (knowledge and understanding) and professional discussion.

I am now doing unit 303 and finding it very very hard going, I have a list of questions that need answers and I don't understand half of them :) The wording they use is like a legal document !!!!

My assessor is coming again on the 20th (easter hols!!) I will have a baby, two 5 year olds a 7 year old and an 8 year old, she says she can get loads of the observations done and hopefully sign off some of the other units - fingers crossed.

Well you did ask Helen :)

Diane x

Cammie Doodle
12-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Hi Diane, I needed to do this for my NVQ3, what susi513 has written is great , you can adapt that for your setting. It will give you a fantastic base to start from .
June

nell57
12-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Hello again.

Yes it does seem to be something that not all assessors ask for and yes it is a job description and not a CV :(

Thanks for the brilliant info susi513, it's a great help!!!

I started my NVQ in October and have so far done 7 units but only 3 have been signed off. It has been hard work and a little unfair to be honest. For the first 6 units I had to do reflective accounts and they got to be so repetitive - then just as I finished the 6th unit my assessor said everything had changed and from now on we were not to don any more reflective accounts!!!! Most of it will be done by observations, answering questions (knowledge and understanding) and professional discussion.

I am now doing unit 303 and finding it very very hard going, I have a list of questions that need answers and I don't understand half of them :) The wording they use is like a legal document !!!!

My assessor is coming again on the 20th (easter hols!!) I will have a baby, two 5 year olds a 7 year old and an 8 year old, she says she can get loads of the observations done and hopefully sign off some of the other units - fingers crossed.

Well you did ask Helen :)

Diane x

Well you've got quite a lot done sinc Oct, so well done for that, I've been on mine since May last year and still trying to plod through. I'm still working on 303 myself and it's definatly the hardest one for me, mostly the child study bit and linking observations to theories.

good luck on the 20th, lets me know how it goes

2kidsunder5
12-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi Nell

When I started this with a another childminder we were told that it has to be completed in 10 months, 8 if possible!!!! It is being done via Jarvis Training and they only get paid form the local authority when we have completed so they are pushing us like mad. To be honest we did feel like to much pressure was being put on us and apparently so did other childminders in our authority which is one of the reason they have changed the way of doing it - not that it seems to be making much difference thought.

Good luck with 303 - I am struggling with it too.

Diane x