PDA

View Full Version : Childrens Meals

patevans
29-01-2010, 02:12 PM
If making a spag bol or sausage casserole etc I use the asda packet sauces, are these high in salts and things? dont know how to make them any other way!!

sandy64
29-01-2010, 02:17 PM
hi sorry dont no about salt content it will say on packet its easy to make sausage casserole/bolognese tin toms mushrooms oxo cube herbs then add what you want if you want too ie grated carrots onions garlic you may need to add some water put in pan/slow cooker/oven and thats it.believe me its easy i can do it lol.:)

The Juggler
29-01-2010, 02:34 PM
they usually have quite a lot of salt/sugar. pasta sauce is easy, chuck in tinned/chopped toms, garlic, herbs (dried or fresh) bit of tom puree (i never even use onions as dh has too many friends who hate them) easy peasy and no added salt or sugar.

beckyteddy
29-01-2010, 04:30 PM
I think any packets etc. will have more salt and preservatives than home-made dishes. Have a look on Net-Mums in the recipes section for some easy alternatives:)

FizzysFriends
29-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Yes packets and jars usually have high salt content, even the ones marketed to children.

When making your own try and make your own stock because oxo etc have really really high salt content!

LOOPYLISA
29-01-2010, 04:49 PM
My dd made spag bol at school last week,

Obviously the beef mince
onion
tin tomatoes
garlic puree
tomato puree
oxo cube :thumbsup: