PDA

View Full Version : Can I get Ofsted to come here?

Schnakes
11-03-2008, 09:16 PM
I was just wondering - I know Ofsted like to spring their visits on us but...

I had my last inspection when I had only been minding four months. I do not feel that the report I was given reflects the service I now provide. (For example, I didnt have any Polish resources for the boy I was minding (he had only been there a week, but never mind! :rolleyes: ), and this was a point of criticism in my report).

I would like Ofsted to come back now because I have changed everything they have asked me to. I feel that my report is not a correct representation of how I run my business (in fact, I didnt at the time, but the inspector basically told me that I agreed with it, and at the time I didnt understand the correct appeal procedure) and if potential/current parents wish to see it it shows me in a bad light.

Can I ask them to come back again? Someone I know waited FOUR YEARS between reports, which is just ridiculous, imo, and quite distressing in my situation!

Sx

sarah707
11-03-2008, 09:27 PM
I understand Ofsted are taking a break for re-training on Eyfs soon and then they will be inspecting based on that... so it might be worth waiting a little while...

Otherwise, give them a ring and ask, but tbh I've never heard of them
doing things like that... is it becoming a problem with parents? If they are commenting, you might have more sway with Ofsted...

Hard on you :(

miffy
11-03-2008, 09:35 PM
When was your last inspection?

I have to say i don't think the time is right now to ask them to come out. I had my inspection in february and the inspector was clear that they are not doing routine inspections from beg of April until Sept so they can retrain for EYFS.
As we are already into march and there is easter soon too I don't think you'll have much chance of getting them out unless a complaint is made against you and that would be very drastic!

Why not concentrate on EYFS so you can wow them when they do inspect you next

Sorry cos I know that's not the answer you wanted to hear

Miffy xx

angeldelight
12-03-2008, 06:57 AM
I agree with the others

I know you are not happy with it but dont let it worry you

Its how you come across to your parents at the end of the day - a few hours visit by Ofsted is not really showing what you do anyway

If your parents are happy with you then that is all you need to worry about for now

Angel xx

Schnakes
12-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I dont think its put anyone off...my books are full to the brim at the moment! I just dont like it that it isnt a true reflection of my business! :)

Thanks for all the advice,

Sx

flora
12-03-2008, 05:59 PM
For what its worth I think just leave wll alone until you are due an inspection. You obviously are not losing business over it or that may be a different matter.

Any parent worth having are going to realise that your report is just a little bit of the researching that they should do before taking on a minder for their kids.

If they mention it then you can say well come see for yourself....:thumbsup:

LittleAcorns
21-03-2008, 08:01 AM
When was your last inspection?
I had my inspection in february and the inspector was clear that they are not doing routine inspections from beg of April until Sept so they can retrain for EYFS.

Wow, I became registered in July 07, Ofsted rang me at the beginning of

Nov, and told me to expect an inspection within 2 months!! still waiting :p if

I dont get inspected before April then I wont be inspected til Sept, 14months

from first registering!!

Sounds crazy, but I want to have an inspection, just to show I (kind of)

know what Im doing hahahaha