PDA

View Full Version : Dungarees!

Ripeberry
29-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Some people like them, I can't stand them. Especially the ones that don't open at the bottom. Real pain to get on and off when changing a nappy, I don't think they are comfortable when children have a nap.
Am I unreasonable to take them off and put the mindee in a pair of stretchy trousers as soon as he arrives?
The dungarees are put back on when parents arrive of course :blush:

twiggy
29-01-2010, 12:17 PM
I can't stand them either. Had a 3 year old sent to me in them once, she could not get them down to go to the toilet and ended up wetting herself.

sarah707
29-01-2010, 12:19 PM
They annoy me too! :laughing:

Hebs
29-01-2010, 12:21 PM
I love them,

but on older boys (4 yrs plus)

hate denim of any type on little ones :blush:

mamasheshe
29-01-2010, 12:42 PM
i love them on babies ( with buttons on bottom) my daughter had lots of flowery ones but to big now they are useless for potty training

louised
29-01-2010, 12:48 PM
I love them both of my children wore them when they were young but I would never send a child to a childminder or nursery in them. Our local pre-school asks for the children not to wear dungarees as they are to cumbersome when going to the toilet, think I might put that in my policies too

PixiePetal
29-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Fine for pre potty training age. Keeps everything tucked in and they can't crawl out of them, as long as they fit well.

I never sent my kids to playgroup in them, trackie trousers were worn.

tashaleee
29-01-2010, 01:05 PM
I used to have them for a child who had a 'habit' of putting her hands into her nappy and 'sharing' the contents with the first thing she could... needed to have eyes like a hawk and constantly watched her... until she had on dungarees and couldnt figure out how to do it anymore!!!! :laughing:

grindal
29-01-2010, 01:47 PM
I hate them. My mindee regularly wears them and they are such a pain when changing nappies. I did have a couple of shorts pairs that DS1 and 2 used to wear in the summer - very cute, But, still a pain!

Blaze
29-01-2010, 02:42 PM
I like the fabric ones on younger kids (as long as they have buttons for nappy changes) - Once they are at the potty stage though & older HATE them!

fridaysoff
29-01-2010, 02:57 PM
HATE THEM TOO!

especially when the mindee is growing out of them and constantly keep popping undone underneath. In an older child there is just no independence for toilet training! :laughing: don't know if I can have an anti gungaree policy though!!

Mollymop
29-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah take him out of them damn dungrees :D and let him run around in a pair of trousers, it doesn't hurt.

loocyloo
29-01-2010, 06:06 PM
i love dungarees :D (not plain denim that much, prefer stripy in any fabric!)

but only on LO that are not toilet trained! they keep everything in and are great for crawlers!

although saying that, my ds had a denim pair aged 4 that were soooo cute!

FussyElmo
29-01-2010, 06:14 PM
I love children in dungarees - breaks my heart when mine are potty trained and they are no longer suitable :(

mama2three
29-01-2010, 06:42 PM
my ds lived in dungarees. he is so skinny that trousers long enough were much too big round the waist so dungarees were great. and he looked cute! Dont find many in age 3+ for him now, plus they are more difficult when he needs to go to the loo , but he can do it himself just takes longer.
3 year old mindee wears them under a jumper - which is so annoying as she has to get fully undressed to go to the toilet!! and cant do the straps herself , plus leaves it til the last minute to say she needs a wee - a right pain in the posterior and Ive gone off dungarees very quickly!!

Alibali
29-01-2010, 06:59 PM
I love dungarees!! They are the cutest items in the world, all 3 of mine were in dungarees until they went to school - and no I didn't put them on for nursery.

I love the soft ones for babies (with poppers) and then denim or chino style for toddlers (still with poppers if in nappies).

No bare backs to get a chill, and I disagree about sleeping, I think they must be more comfortable than having a belt or elastic digging into your waist when sleeping.